Dominions 6 - by end of year

Started by Grim.Reaper, July 16, 2023, 07:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Me: ah, Dom6 is here I see.

Also me: $45? Less than I thought, but I mean really, I haven't even played Dom5 all that much yet...

Then me: 15% STEAM DISCOUNT?! INSTANT BUY!

:HideEyes:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

CptHowdy

what the hell.  a discount wasnt listed when i purchased this earlier this morning! guess ill refund and get it again.

JasonPratt

That's fair; I noticed a review saying the release this morning didn't come with the discount! Which is.... kinda suss.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Tanaka

I think the discount is only for those that own Dom 5?

solops

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 17, 2024, 10:10:15 AMMe: ah, Dom6 is here I see.

Also me: $45? Less than I thought, but I mean really, I haven't even played Dom5 all that much yet...

Then me: 15% STEAM DISCOUNT?! INSTANT BUY!

:HideEyes:
Oh wow...that is exactly what happened to me and my wallet.
Don't feel bad. It's a disease.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Tanaka

Quote from: CptHowdy on January 17, 2024, 05:52:56 AMpurchased. if anyone decides to get a MP game going in the near future i will definitely be interested in joining. i am now off to spend an hour or three looking at the races and trying to design a god to use!

Same!

JasonPratt

Checking around, according to Illwinter's plans back in December, there would be the "usual" early-buy discount for the first week. Prior ownership not required. (Most fans would get an 80% stacked discount I suppose! I've been in since Dom2.) The discount didn't show up at first due to human error.

al_infierno

Gonna waste my whole day playing this.  The new GUI takes a little getting used to, but first impressions have been great so far, I'm a big fan of all the changes to magic and god creation, and the new nations are quite cool.

So far I've been messing with Feminie, The Sage Queens.  They seem extremely good.  They're a Late Age nation with cheap and killy Vanir-esque sacreds, complete with mirror image, which seems like a potential game-changer for Late Age.  Their regular human troops are a bit on the weak side for LA, though, and they only get regular archers instead of xbows.

My god is a gigantic golden elephant on wheels, which is... something.   :shocked:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

JasonPratt

There is indeed significantly more content than in Dom5; maybe since they went to the three Ages system altogether. Steam mods should be epic as usual!

Tanaka

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 17, 2024, 06:26:34 PMThere is indeed significantly more content than in Dom5; maybe since they went to the three Ages system altogether. Steam mods should be epic as usual!

Yep you see all these people come on forums complaining before buying how it is the same game having no idea how much has changed. This is my favorite of the series by far.

W8taminute

Encouraging reports everyone.  Thank you!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

solops

I have not played any Dominions since a multiplayer game with several of you, over a year ago. I am completely lost.

What fun!
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

al_infierno

Quote from: solops on January 18, 2024, 03:00:49 AMI have not played any Dominions since a multiplayer game with several of you, over a year ago. I am completely lost.

What fun!

They made it easier than ever.  The game actually has a lobby system so you can just host and let people join.  I didn't even need to port forward.

Steam says I have 15 hours in the game already, but that definitely included my lunch, dinner, and bathroom breaks.  I might have a bit of a problem.   :lipsrsealed:  :whistle:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

al_infierno

- MengJiao

Grim.Reaper

Seen some posts on other forums expressing disappointment with the game save capabilities, where someone implied no/limited save feature.  They don't really go into details as to what they mean.  What exactly is the limitation of the save feature and why are folks having an issue with it?