Scourge of war remastered

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 29, 2023, 08:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Looks like steam page is up, maybe coming soon.  Kind of generic name, images are Waterloo and believe they previous said that would come first, surprised not part of actual game title.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2205330/Scourge_Of_War__Remastered/?fbclid=IwAR3LvcBDZx6EKNYM-hpomoZ1dzkE7u40AfNy9HxI-Z6Tns8gyq_E83gvZL8

Destraex

Well if they do waterloo with terrain that you can actually see and enjoy thats all I want.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

From the Steam page: '...It's been many years since those initial releases and old men need something to do in their twilight years.'

:shocked:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

Just thinking about it. It sounds like the base game will be scourge of war engine with the waterloo module being optional? I doubt they would force civil war buffs to buy a napoleonic wars module to get to the civil war content? Who knows perhaps the title is not final.

Grim.Reaper

Not sure, they just indicated Waterloo would be the first to be updated, I guess we will see soon enough.

Destraex

One thing I do remember is that scourge of war games were pulled from sale everywhere a year or so ago. So I think this new version has been worked on for at least a year.

Grim.Reaper

For sure at least a year, when they announced back in December 2022, they implied most was already done.

Toonces

With respect, that doesn't look all that "remastered."
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Toonces on November 29, 2023, 10:06:57 PMWith respect, that doesn't look all that "remastered."

Been a long time since I played the original, so hard for me to remember and compare the graphics based on these few images posted so far.  But beyond the graphics, they indicated the ai was made a lot stronger and the performance of the game being better, along with introducing the ability to play multi player via steam.  So I don't think the remastered term is solely based on graphics.   Not sure we will really know until it enters early access for us all to see, but either way the past graphics was never a major deal for me as the overall gameplay was what I really liked, although I would much prefer the civil war titles first.

Since they just published the page with coming soon, believe steam has rules they can't release a new product for two weeks so we likely minimally have that amount of time to wait, if not likely more.  Unless there are different rules for games that go early access first.

Tripoli

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

smittyohio

"Come on, shake your body baby, do the conga" popped into my head as soon as I saw the thread.  Did they ever solve that issue?

Gusington

^Haha what the hell issue was that? Sounds more like a feature.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on November 30, 2023, 09:03:11 AM^Haha what the hell issue was that? Sounds more like a feature.

Guessing might be meaning how when troops moved in columns, they kind of snapped into place as they moved, especially around curves......kind of making it look like a conga line:)

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Tripoli

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 30, 2023, 09:08:10 AM
Quote from: Gusington on November 30, 2023, 09:03:11 AM^Haha what the hell issue was that? Sounds more like a feature.

Guessing might be meaning how when troops moved in columns, they kind of snapped into place as they moved, especially around curves......kind of making it look like a conga line:)
I would think that advancements in AI and computer capability would allow the developers to fix the conga line issue.  While visually jarring, the series remains the best regimental-sized USCW system in terms of both visuals and the computer opponent.  I hope that they will also make it easier for user-generated content to be developed.  If I recall, it was difficult to make maps for user scenarios, so that there were only a limited number of battles made.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln