Main Menu

Friday Oyee

Started by Anguille, March 08, 2024, 07:45:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_infierno

I appreciate y'all shouting out my game!  :notworthy:

I'll balance between Helldivers 2 (GOTY for me thus far), Dominions 6 (would be GOTY but it's basically a glorified update IMO), and some creative writing projects involving drunk and stoned gangsters getting into absurd shenanigans involving corrupt local gubermint officials.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

CaptainKoloth

I'll be playing "pack up everything in preparation for moving across the country for a job change"  :grin:  It is not a very fun game but my cats are loving the cardboard boxes. Right now I live within spitting distance of the Atlantic, but my gaming PC won't see daylight again until we're on the Pacific... will definitely try Al's game once I'm set up again.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: CaptainKoloth on March 09, 2024, 11:12:07 AMI'll be playing "pack up everything in preparation for moving across the country for a job change"  :grin:  It is not a very fun game but my cats are loving the cardboard boxes. Right now I live within spitting distance of the Atlantic, but my gaming PC won't see daylight again until we're on the Pacific... will definitely try Al's game once I'm set up again.

Good luck. Moving is such a pain in the ass.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

CaptainKoloth

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 09, 2024, 11:45:29 AM
Quote from: CaptainKoloth on March 09, 2024, 11:12:07 AMI'll be playing "pack up everything in preparation for moving across the country for a job change"  :grin:  It is not a very fun game but my cats are loving the cardboard boxes. Right now I live within spitting distance of the Atlantic, but my gaming PC won't see daylight again until we're on the Pacific... will definitely try Al's game once I'm set up again.

Good luck. Moving is such a pain in the ass.

Thanks. This is the first time I've used real movers too rather than U-hauling it or packing everything in my car because I now have way too much crap to move myself. And that adds another layer of enormous cost and complexity.

Dammit Carl!

Good luck, Sir!

Tanaka

I just made the same move for a new job at the end of last year. Atlantic to Pacific. What an adventure and culture change it has been and I am loving it. Moving is so stressful we drove across the whole country dragging a Uhaul and I would never do it again haha. Most stressful drive of my entire life! But definitely saved a lot of money! Good luck on your new adventure!

Dominions 6 MP games for me! Best game I own by far!

Pete Dero

Completed my Strategic Mind bundle for some lighter WW2 gaming.