Baldur’s Gate mod for Neverwinter Nights 2

Started by steve58, June 06, 2013, 08:12:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

I played BG way back when it first came out.  Think I may have to pick up Neverwinter Nights 2 the next time I see it on sale...

Game designer and ex-TimeGate-er Drew Rechner's been on a seven-year quest to recreate the entirety of Baldur's Gate (including expansion Tales of the Sword Coast) in Obsidian's Neverwinter Nights 2, and he's finally succeeded.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/06/06/mad-mod-recreates-baldurs-gate-in-neverwinter-nights-2/#more-155616

http://neverwinter.nexusmods.com/mods/794//?

If you want to play, you'll need NWN2′s Mask of the Betrayer and Storm of Zehir expansions as well as the game's vanilla version.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Sir Slash

Great find Steve. Thank you. Now I know what to do with my old Neverwinter Nights game, The Iron Throne shall fall...again. And in 3-D this time.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mikeck

"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

steve58

I've not tried to install since I don't have Neverwinter Nights 2 (yet), but this is from the mod website:

INSTALLATION
NOTE: More detailed installation instructions are included with the download.
Remove all content from your Override directory in both you install directory and your My Documents Directory (...Program Files/Atari/Neverwinter Nights 2/override AND Libraries/Documents/Neverwinter Nights 2/override)
Place all 6 .RAR files into your Neverwinter Nights 2 My Documents directory (Libraries/Documents/Neverwinter Nights 2). Use "Extract All" on all 6 parts
Select "Yes" to merge all folders
The installation is now complete. To play Baldur's Gate: Reloaded, launch the game normally and select "New Campaign -> Baldur's Gate: Reloaded". Enjoy!

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

mikeck

Meh...they lost me at "remove all content..." Nevermind
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

steve58

Well ask for a sale on Neverwinter Nights 2 and what do I get...a sale, at Gamersgate (Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter Nights Complete for $8.98).  I was all giddy until I saw this under System Requirements "!!! WILL NOT WORK ON 64-BIT OS !!!"  :-\

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Rayfer

Has anyone here played this mod yet? If so, how is it? It does intrigue me because I played both of the games in their own time.

Sir Slash

The reviews below the add at Gamers Gate says the game can be played on 64 bit systems. The package includes NWN 1 & 2 and maybe 1 cannot play on newer systems.

Bison

Both NWN games play under 64 Bit.  I've played them on my system.

RedArgo

I have NWN 2 Platinum and it works fine on my Win 7 64 bit OS.

steve58

Well I guess I shoulda read the fine print (i.e., comments), thanks for the heads up.  So based on the fact that it will run on 64-bit systems, guess I'll head over to GG...

Sir Slash

Let me know how many of my old BG buddies are included in the mod Steve. Butt-kicking for goodness!!! ;D

JasonPratt

Quote from: steve58 on June 07, 2013, 08:25:41 AM
Well ask for a sale on Neverwinter Nights 2 and what do I get...a sale, at Gamersgate (Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter Nights Complete for $8.98).  I was all giddy until I saw this under System Requirements "!!! WILL NOT WORK ON 64-BIT OS !!!"  :-\

Well that sucks; bought the complete set (rebought actually) a while ago on a ludicrous GG sale.

Still, I have Virtual Machine. Maybe something can be rigged.

(And now I have a vision of trying to run a BG:Reloaded mod on NWN2 through a VM version of Win7 or something virtualizing a 32-bit OS....)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Toonces

I could NOT get NWN1 to run on Win 7 64 bit.  I googled, searched, etc. and could not figure it out.  Period.

This is the Diamond collection I think.  I have a couple versions of NWN 1.

I think NWN2 runs ok.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs