Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

Quote from: acctingman on September 25, 2022, 10:18:58 AM
Can someone who knows more about Russian than I tell me why this douche bag hasn't been eliminated internally?

He's ex-KGB, he knows how to eliminate his threats before they're a real problem. 

Putin spent years building a kleptocracy and rewarding loyalty with incredible wealth while punishing internal dissent with loss of assets, loss of position, loss of freedom and sometimes loss of life.

Despite the liberal use of the word, there is no Oligarchy in Russia.  There are kleptocrats who owe their money to Putin.  What he giveth he can taketh away.  Most of these people value their yachts wealth over what's good for Russia.  Pure greed and self interest.

He's also a lot more popular among the Russian people than you'd expect.  He's done a very good job creating a cult of personality and controlling his media image by controlling the media.

This draft will be one of the first nails in his coffin hopefully.  However, I've seen a few Russian dissenters caution that the people may be angry about the conscription, but a lot of them still like Putin regardless.  May of the ones fleeing over the border to Georgia were vocal supporters of the war a few days ago.

And with him instantly conscripting anyone that is arrested in a protest, he has a convient way to dispose of dissenters by using them as barely trained canon fodder.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

'I love this war as long as I don't have to go to the front.'

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bobarossa

Quote from: Gusington on September 25, 2022, 03:51:35 PM
Probably was an "It's not my problem" and now it is!

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

GDS_Starfury

hmmmmm 
some points ok, most of them not so much.
I shall now commence with libtard propaganda.  :bd:
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Gusington on September 25, 2022, 03:51:35 PM

Lol. Got my yellow ribbon magnet, so doing my part!

(Jeez, does anyone remember those?)

GDS_Starfury

so my take from the last 3 weeks is that the AFUK, Im just using that from now on, initially took a bunch more territory in the north but then pulled most of their forces back and consolidated their line while focusing on Lyman.  the south seems to be mostly a stalemate due to terrain and ability for each side to supply.  four fighter losses yesterday implies that things are happening in the north with such severity that russia was willing to commit that many front line sorties if the face of a modern, dense SAM belt.
hoping to see lines move further east this week.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 25, 2022, 05:58:22 PM
hmmmmm 
some points ok, most of them not so much.
I shall now commence with libtard propaganda.  :bd:

What can you add other than childish glee-filled warmongering? I mean, from a strategic perspective, what exactly is he wrong about?

Can you deny that Europe is reliant on Russian oil? No.
Can you deny that the absence of Russian fuel is going to devastate Western economies? No.
Can you deny that the risk/benefit analysis for the West weighs against starting a nuclear war? No.
Can you deny that the near total destruction of Ukraine could be one possible angle in which the Russians could claim victory? No.

What exactly do you take issue with and why does everything have to be left vs. right with you? Jordan Peterson's mind works on a much higher plane than yours (or mine), so I wouldn't cavalierly cast his thoughts aside as "propaganda". He is not a conservative, but has been compelled to align himself with them since the left has done everything to cancel him.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

GDS_Starfury

you've repeatedly ask me specifically to not dive into politics.
so.

I think that this whole conflict has driven Europe into finally going all in on renewable energy and that they have a much better cushion to deal with the coming winter then you think they do.
I dont think the lack of russian oil is going to devastate western economies.  I think that, it its entirety, western financial institutions have been riding a gross overly large wave of leveraged profit margins and a market correction has been long overdue.
the Fed should have been feathering in these increases over the last year and not slamming on the brakes as they are now.
the risk of nuclear war isnt a factor.  if it gets close to that someones putting a bullet in tuckers boy real fast.  I kind of expect thats how its going to end anyway.
as to your last point, there is no total destruction of the Ukraine.  theres no way the russians can win as it is.  the conflict zones will be a shitshow for years post war.  however, I can point to Germany and Japan as pretty damn good example of western backed reconstruction.  how many jobs in every industry will that create?

as for my glee filled warmongering...  this is the war our generation was supposed to fight.  this is the culture that has been responsible for some of the most gross examples of genocide and ethnic cleansing.  they are a country and a people to be beaten and defeated the same way Germany and Japan were.

GDS_Starfury

any parts you want me to back fill please let me know.  it was an off the cuff response.

GDS_Starfury

who do you hope wins this thing?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 25, 2022, 07:31:21 PM
who do you hope wins this thing?

That's a stupid question. Just because I don't orgasm over Russian casualty reports and drool over images of destroyed or abandoned Russian hardware doesn't mean I don't support Ukraine in the conflict and pray for the end of blatant Russian aggression. However, my interests are first with the United States and secondarily with NATO. I want the outcome that has the least negative impact on my country and the men and women in its armed service, as is possible. That means there are instances of a Ukrainian "victory" that could result in a net "loss" to the US and and if that is what a "victory" for Ukraine takes then I can't blindly state I want Russia to lose at all costs, as you are so quick to do.

That is one of the biggest problems with our society today. Simply using your brain and questioning ideas or outcomes results in someone pointing the finger and making accusations. So yeah, I don't support Ukrainian victory at all costs. Does that now make me a communist? A fascist? A Racist? What?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Sir Slash

It characterizes you as the MOST dangerous person alive to many today, a Free-Thinker, who doesn't simply get in line and follow instructions. There are many very good reasons to question what is being claimed by all sides in this conflict including it's necessity. And it's on-going effects worldwide. No one should be afraid to question authority in a Free Society nor should it be afraid of being questioned. Unless there's something we're not being told.  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

GDS_Starfury.... the most dangerous man alive!   \m/

GDS_Starfury

QuoteI want the outcome that has the least negative impact on my country and the men and women in its armed service, as is possible. That means there are instances of a Ukrainian "victory" that could result in a net "loss" to the US and and if that is what a "victory" for Ukraine takes then I can't blindly state I want Russia to lose at all costs, as you are so quick to do.

so what net losses are you seeing for the US so far?  what does it take for you to be all in on this era's defining geopolitical conflict?  why shouldn't russia be pushed to the wall and kneecapped?  it astounds me that you think theres some abiguity with
this at all.