Main Menu

Share your videos!

Started by W8taminute, July 15, 2014, 04:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Ian

Need to send that to Karl Jobst or Summoning Salt  :2funny:

TheFjordFox

yeah... this video is pretty much a result of binge-watching exactly those two guys  :DD
I'm just another random.

Russell Ian

A Steel Beasts video in that magical time between the Cold War and the GWOT

al_infierno

^ I hear Steel Beasts is quite the monster to wrangle. 
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Russell Ian

Quote from: al_infierno on December 03, 2021, 02:14:32 PM
^ I hear Steel Beasts is quite the monster to wrangle.

That is an understatement. :)

KR777

What happens if a miniature enthusiast goes into modding a computer wargame?  ^-^

W8taminute

Very impressive KR777.  So much so I have wishlisted this game.  Too bad it's not on sale atm on Steam but I would buy the game just to try out your mod.   O0
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

KR777

Quote from: W8taminute on December 27, 2021, 01:31:13 PM
Very impressive KR777.  So much so I have wishlisted this game.  Too bad it's not on sale atm on Steam but I would buy the game just to try out your mod.   O0
Oh, sorry for the confusion - it's not actually my mod nor my video, but I have helped the guy upload the mod to steam workshop since he had technical issues with that and though I'd share the video here. Seems to be his first video of the mod although it's been in the work for 5 years already! I couldn't think of a better place to share it and maybe even draw some attention to his mod.

W8taminute

Quote from: KR777 on December 27, 2021, 02:14:19 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on December 27, 2021, 01:31:13 PM
Oh, sorry for the confusion - it's not actually my mod nor my video, but I have helped the guy upload the mod to steam workshop since he had technical issues with that and though I'd share the video here. Seems to be his first video of the mod although it's been in the work for 5 years already! I couldn't think of a better place to share it and maybe even draw some attention to his mod.

Ah no worries.  Still though, you came to the right place to share.  I'm definitely interested. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

TheFjordFox

after hammering at close combat the past few months, I need a break, and I've been getting back into Tarkov and recording it a bit. Nothing special, I'm more of a shadow-warrior DMR type player - slow and steady wins the race and lands my KD at 7-15:1 by the end of the wipe usually at around 60-80% survival, depending on how anal I am about it. I'm kind of a rat, I suppose, but I just like playing the game as if I'm really there in the action, and if I really was in a warzone, I wouldn't go running and gunning chasing after every sound I hear with a submachinegun spraying in it's general direction. That's just not my thing, so you won't see me doing much of that xD

And to be fair, this first episode is mostly just setting myself up for future success.
I'm just another random.

TheFjordFox

Finally got my audio settings pretty much where I want them, just need them a  bit louder.

So... I found a Green Labs Keycard underneath "The Giving-Tree", where any item in the game (or none at all) may spawn. Didn't realize it's value, so I sold it to a vendor for 50 000 roubles. According to random people on discord however, it seems like it's actually worth 20 000 000. I got such good business-sense. :)
I'm just another random.

TheFjordFox

So, I've just put out a temporary intro/trailer/teaser for some projects I'm working on simultaneously atm. It's going off youtube again soon, but I wouldn't mind some feedback until then on what works/doesn't.

It's not a finished product, but I've got the timings pretty close, and the order of the footage is pretty cemented. Still needs more tweaking  in the audio department, I need to see if I can find better quality video, the placeholders need to be replaced with proper graphics, the loose video needs a TV-Frame and re-alignment etc etc... it's a re-imagining of a combination of several official trailers. ...does this make sense at all to anyone?  :crazy2:

I'm just another random.

TheFjordFox

I also put out an edited video of a cinematic, boiling down to what I honestly think is literally the most defining moment of RTS history. (which I'm considering to elaborate on videographically in the future)

...Who the hell else loves Dune 2, and what it did for gaming!?? ...I sure do!
I'm just another random.

W8taminute

I loved Dune 2 and I believe I may still have the 5.25" floppy disks for this game somewhere in my attic. 

Anyway I really wished that the new Dune strategy game out now was more like Dune 2.  I think the current version is a shameless use of a well known brand name to deliver a pedestrian strategy game of the type I can get for free on my Android. 

Ok rant off.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd