Now THIS is interesting...

Started by Jarhead0331, September 06, 2012, 03:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

Quote from: bboyer66 on September 07, 2012, 07:19:25 AM
Just wanted to chime in here, and say that I would do her.

Thank You

I am sure she's a lot more attractive than on this picture.

LongBlade

Thank You

<chuckle>

Maybe Stardock could hire you as the HR person?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 07, 2012, 06:57:12 AM
I also have a hard time believing the marketing information alone would have caused all the issues of the game (also as someone else mentioned, where are all the backups), but I have to admit I really never followed that game to know for sure.  Even if he had to pull staff from other areas in the final weeks, it seems the game was more than a couple of weeks behind anyways so even if they all kept coding, I doubt there would have been a different outcome...but I guess that is what the courts will decide.

Yeah, this is exactly right.  If the woman did what Stardock have alleged, she deserves to be punished.  However, the claim that it had a massively detrimental impact on the quality of the game at launch is laughable to any of us who played the beta and played the game after launch.  The game was a mess for ages, and even when it finally got into a semi-working state (months later) it was still crap.

Martok

Disturbing news indeed.  Not sure what to think of it, although I'm going to be disgusted if it's true. 

Certainly, Brad has been known to run off his mouth in his forums when it probably wasn't the smartest thing for him to do. 

It's also not uncommon for him to be extremely blunt when doing so, so it wouldn't surprise me if he indeed made...unwise comments to this chick.  (I'll bet you he gives his personal attorney more ulcers than the rest of his clients put together!)  Whether or not said comments constitute sexual harassment is a question that has no answer at the moment, and I will therefore reserve judgment for later. 

Regardless, I do agree that whatever actions this gal may or may not have taken, there's no way it would've measurably affected WOM's release state.  By all accounts, the was going to be borked at release no matter what. 

Quote from: eyebiter on September 07, 2012, 06:50:04 AM
Expect Stardock will try to settle before this goes to trial.
Not in a million years.  Maybe -- maybe -- if Brad was absolutely convinced it would go very, very badly for him...but even then, I strongly doubt it. 

Brad reminds me of my old boss Randy when I was a debt collector:  My boss had (not surprisingly) been sued on a number of occasions, and if he felt he was in the right (at least legally), he was perfectly willing drain every last resource he had to clear his name.  Randy made it clear he would gladly throw away his fortune, his business, his entire life, before he would admit to guilt or wrongdoing if he felt he had broken no laws...and Brad very much strikes me as being cut from the same cloth. 

Thank You

Seconded! 

As Jarhead put it, she's cute in a dorky sort of way...and I'm a sucker for that type.  ;D 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Windigo

Thank You

*eyeroll*

tankers....
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 06, 2012, 05:09:45 PM
This appears to be her.  cute in a dorky sort of way.

That is a picture of actress Judy Greer playing the insane secretary Kitty from Arrested Development.

Not the litigant.

But Judy Greer is very cute in a dorky way.

See same picture here: http://www.inquisitr.com/148001/judy-greer-talks-reluctantly-healthy/

Judy Greer:

"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Jarhead0331

^Hmmmm...that's odd.  That was a photo on one of the news sites indicting that was her.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

LongBlade

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 07, 2012, 04:20:34 PM
^Hmmmm...that's odd.  That was a photo on one of the news sites indicting that was her.

Well, someone got duped then.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Staggerwing

And we all know that every fact, quote, and image is vetted and re-vetted by Media before going live. It is Their Code, it is Their Way...  ::)

I'm reminded of the guy who wrote a piece about the actress/model/bimbo who got bitten by the snake on her store-bought boob during a photo op. He finished the piece with a sarcastic 'and the snake died of silicone poisoning' just for fun. Imagine his surprise when major media outlets started reporting the snake's demise in deadly earnest. The tidbit just got tossed from one story to another until it was all but fact.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Nefaro

Quote from: LongBlade on September 07, 2012, 06:30:53 PM

Well, someone got duped then.

I thought that looked oddly like a TV cap judging by the pic quality.  LOL! 

Keunert

hard to judge if her nipples are really that good.
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

mirth

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 07, 2012, 07:02:57 PM
She be the one on the left...

She definitely looks crazy alright and I know crazy. I'd do Judy Greer though.

Okay I'd do the other one too.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus