Flashpoint Campaigns - Meta Campaign Idea

Started by Double Deuce, November 23, 2014, 03:39:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Double Deuce

To add to my previous post I also need to work up some abstracted engineering rules.

Pinetree

I've made up an M88 in a custom file I'm using for Berlin if you need the stats. I've also got an M728 CEV and some dump trucks in there as well.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Double Deuce

Thanks, let me see if I can locate my copies and if not I'll give you a shout. ;-)

Double Deuce

Ok, I am sending a PM to the 3 commanders with a link to their scenario/mission file and instructions on what I need from them to try and make this thing work. There is no time limit on when I need these completed. The current commanders are;

• Captain jomni > CDR, A TRP/3 SQD/175 ACR/2 CD
  • Captain Barthheart > CDR, B TRP/3 SQD/175 ACR/2 CD
  • Captain Tinkershuffle > CDR, C TRP/3 SQD/175 ACR/2 CD
PM me with any questions you have.   O0

Double Deuce

jomni, Barthheart and Tinkershuffle. If any of you have trouble accessing the file and getting it to load please let me know. I can try 'zipping' the file if needed rather than leave it in the .scn format for download.

Barthheart

OK, I'll probably try running my game tonight or tomorrow...I'll let you know how it goes.
O0

Double Deuce

Tinkershuffle

Thanks for the setup DD, I'm gonna try it out tomorrow.

jomni

Thanks. I'll go tinker with this during the weekend.

jomni

A TRP report from the front. 
Lots of damaged vehicles due to artillery.  We had to vacate the objective to avoid taking more casualties but the Soviet forces did not pursue.

----------------------------
Greetings from the Inspectorate of the General Staff -

To: Captain jomni , commanding A TRP/3/175 ACR

* In the battle of "Jayson" your forces worth 906 points secured 63% (945 vs 554) of awarded victory points against an enemy force worth 709 points.  The Inspectorate congratulates you and rates your performance as acceptable.

* Your force has claimed 12 Recce, 23 APC, 18 Inf, 3 AT, 4 HQ and 2 AD enemy subunits.

* Remaining force tally -
  Active: 7 Recce, 2 Tank, 5 APC, 3 HQ, 2 SP Arty and 1 Utility.
  Fallen out: 9 Recce, 6 Tank and 3 APC.
  Destroyed: 1 Recce, 1 Tank and 1 SP Arty.

* By the end of the battle your units had a 82% average readiness and a command cyle duration of 13 minutes.

* Your force finished the encounter in relatively good shape and needs to refit for only a relatively short time to recover the 18 fallen out subunit(s).

Staff evaluation complete.

FINAL TALLY OF BATTLE LOSSES:
- American Forces:
   2&1/2-Ton Truck [w]  (Wheeled Utility Vehicle) - 1 starting.
   Headquarters  (Command Unit) - 2 starting.
   M106A1  (Self Propelled Mortar) - 3 starting and 1 destroyed.
   M113 ACAV  (Recon Unit) - 14 starting, 7 fallen out and 1 destroyed.
   M113A1 [m]  (Tracked APC) - 6 starting and 3 fallen out.
   M113A2  (Tracked APC) - 2 starting.
   M551 Sheridan [m]  (Airmobile Tank) - 9 starting, 6 fallen out and 1 destroyed.
   M577A2 C2V  (Command APC) - 1 starting.
   Scout  (Infantry Unit) - 3 starting and 2 fallen out.

- Soviet Forces:
   [Must not be reviewed based on Campaign Rules]

Tinkershuffle

Sir,
Ostheim has been lost to the enemy. C Troop suffered heavy losses and was forced to pull back. Only 2nd platoon still remains fully combat effective.

(The blown bridge west of Ostheim was used for evacuation purposes, I'm not sure if that was gamey or not..)

Double Deuce

Quote from: Tinkershuffle on November 29, 2014, 04:20:40 AM
(The blown bridge west of Ostheim was used for evacuation purposes, I'm not sure if that was gamey or not..)

Nope, good idea, anything to slow them down if you can't hold the town. ;-)

Double Deuce

You 2 actually did pretty good. With only M113s and Sheridans I figured you would have taken many more KIA casualties but there are quite a few Dropped Out but not total lost.

Tinkershuffle

Leaving Sheridans far behind was a huge mistake. When the shit went down they couldn't provide any fire support to my recon elements probing Ostheim. It was over quickly.

Double Deuce

I have the casualties and repair/replacement points worked out. Just have to put the equipment in readable charts for the forum so you can make "purchases" for the next mission.