Working on a Series of Books

Started by DetCord, June 15, 2023, 11:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DetCord

I didn't do the book renders, these were one of several done by a third-party concept artist as part of a pitch to acquire the pub rights to what I've been working on for several years now. Still have lots to do before going forward with regards to V.1 and just thought I'd toss this in here for anyone interested in WWII aviation.

You cannot view this attachment.

SirAndrewD

Looks amazing.

As the resident guy who works as an exec for a publisher, what are your intentions?
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

SirAndrewD

Oh!  Whoops, noted the Penguin. 

Day late and a dollar short I see.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

JasonPratt

Is that your name, "Hunter Ott", on the cover Det?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

I love spec books like that, especially on WWI and WWII aviation. Reminds me of those tiny 'Concise Color Guides' that I bought around 1988 or so on aircraft from the world wars. The detail is amazing.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

I love these kind of books as well.  Anything WW2 aviation, tanks, small arms, artillery, etc.  Best of luck to you!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

DetCord

Quote from: SirAndrewD on June 16, 2023, 12:10:11 AMOh!  Whoops, noted the Penguin.

That was part of the render/pitch/concept. Penguin showed interest and then up and disappeared like a fart in the wind. Still waiting on my agent (prior-service bro-dude Marine) to get back to me on that status. And while I love the renders this guy did, it is far too broad. My series focuses on the 109 only. So that needs correcting as the book seems to indicate that the entirety of the Luftwaffe on the Eastern Front is the subject matter. 

Day late and a dollar short I spose.

Quote from: JasonPratt on June 16, 2023, 05:54:02 AMIs that your name, "Hunter Ott", on the cover Det?

Yep. The family dropped the von after immigrating to the States and to NZ. For obvious reasons. Why, have we meet?

Sorry for the low-res JPG version, its all I can post due to NDA's.

JasonPratt

No, we haven't met, I was just curious. Also it sounds awesome, like an anime name.  :Nerd:  :ThumbsUp:

Some part of my brain now wonders if you could float a deal with DCS or the IL-2 publishers, to offer the tomes as an adjunct series for their games.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!