Intel Dump - Rumors and glimpses of stuff coming up

Started by bayonetbrant, October 13, 2014, 10:30:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ubercat

What are those hex shaped tiles used for? Does each represent a formation in your force? If so, that's just like what GW did back in the 90's for their old 6mm scale Space Marine game.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

bayonetbrant

those are the unit cards that correspond to the minis on the battlefield.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

avrotim

I just finished up all the artwork for Empires in America.  Hopefully Alan at VPG will be able to get all the layouts done in time for Christmas.  here is a sample of a few of the counters.
currently working on: Crowbar, Thunder in the East, Attack of the 50 Ft Colossi
Currently building: nothing

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Staggerwing on December 03, 2015, 07:27:46 PM
What happened to the pix from november 20?

they were hot linked from FB, so if someone moved their pics back there, it'll affect us here.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

avrotim

Empires in America update:

The folks over at VPG have been obsessed with launching the "Nemo's War" kickstarter all this month, so Empires hasn't been given the amount of attention it needs to get printed.

The latest news would be a final graphic fix that Alan asked me to do over the Christmas break.  He assures me that all the various game parts have now been sent off to the proofreaders.  I *think* that is the final step before production.  So, hopefully, we will see the game come out sometime in the next two weeks.

bayonetbrant

avrotim

I am slowly getting the map made up for a new game from Hermann Luttman.  This will be for Legion Games and is a development of an earlier game Hermann did for White Dog Games on the same topic.  Card driven and solitaire, but not a "States of Siege" game.

avrotim

To those who are interested-

VPGs release of the deluxe version of Empires in America seems to be on hold while they go all-out on re-designing one of there flagship games: Darkest Night.  I can't get a strait answer from Alan on when EiA is now going to be published.  Oh well...

bayonetbrant

bbmike

Just got an email saying Empires in America 2nd Edition is available for pre-order. So I did.  8)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Pinetree

Kev over at Big Board talks about the new solo modules for LnLT games:

Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

bbmike

Just received an email saying that my copy of Empires in America 2nd Edition has shipped!  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak