This one snuck in under my AN/APG-78

Started by Jarhead0331, January 10, 2023, 01:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Helicopter Gunship DEX

Is inspired by the great helicopter games of the 90s, this one is described as a "sim-cade" experience leaning more towards the simulation side rather than the arcade side.

You won't find any magically respawning missiles here! Instead you will find realistic weapon load-outs, a simulation level physics driven helicopter flight model and the usual targeting pods and RADAR systems you would expect in this type of game. However, these systems have been simplified to give the overall "feeling" of being in control of a helicopter gunship without the need to memorise hundreds of keys.

Currently there are three flyable helos...the Apache, Lynx and Gazelle. The Blackhawk, Hind and Viper/Cobra are in development and will be released further on in early access.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2012140/Helicopter_Gunship_DEX/

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SlagDog

This is great news! I'm not a helicopter guy but I love to see games bridge the gap between arcade style flight combat sims and DCS level. This is right where my 'enjoyment' level is for flight sims. I'll support the devs because they are hitting a sweet spot for a lot of gamers.

Gusington

^Same with me. But I am a helicopter guy!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Skoop

I can't see how I missed this as well.  I thought the thread was gona say it's coming soon, but it's actually released. 

W8taminute

Wait.  Is no one going to comment on the creative title of this thread? 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Jarhead0331

Quote from: W8taminute on January 11, 2023, 11:26:34 AM
Wait.  Is no one going to comment on the creative title of this thread?

Nobody appreciates my humor around here.  :'(
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18