US Pacific Campaign - Order of Battle WW2 AAR - Complete

Started by airboy, January 12, 2019, 08:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

I've lost AARs over the years with websites going dark and other problems.

I've decided to put my AARs on my game blog and link to them.

This AAR is the US Pacific Campaign from Order of Battle WW2.  This campaign starts with Pearl Harbor.  You then have two additional beat-downs in the Phillipines.  Then you start with the US Navy in action.

The US Pacific Campaign is far different from most simulations of WW2.  You have a good ground simulation and a good simulation of carrier combat.  Some scenarios are all taking place on the ground and the air.  Others are completely naval actions with the inclusion of the carrier flight wings.

This AAR is played on the Lietenant level.  I have played this campaign to its conclusion at least 4 times before starting this AAR.  I'm also writing a detailed strategy guide.

airboy

Scenario 1 - Pearl Harbor is completed including annotated screen shots.  If you are interested in reading it, you can follow the link to my game blog.

https://averysgameblog.wordpress.com/2019/01/13/us-pacific-campaign-an-order-of-battle-ww2-after-action-report-aar-scenario-1-pearl-harbor/

JasonPratt

Ah, those new white trace-marks are working well! How are you doing them?

Wait, those are just the plots from the game before you execute, aren't they?  ::) Good use of them if so!  :bd:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

airboy

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 13, 2019, 10:04:39 AM
Ah, those new white trace-marks are working well! How are you doing them?

Wait, those are just the plots from the game before you execute, aren't they?  ::) Good use of them if so!  :bd:

You got it right.  The white marks are the plot trace before moving.  I just took the screenshot then to illustrate what I was doing.

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Phew!

...now it's time for the death march.  >:D

airboy

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 16, 2019, 01:12:50 PM
Phew!

...now it's time for the death march.  >:D

Nope, the next scenario is Bataan.  You are just going to have to curb your death march desires for a while.

JasonPratt

So the Bataan Death March is after Bataan not before it? Awww....  ::)

JasonPratt

QuoteThe brave deaths of the Gunny and "Lt. Idiot" in the previous holding action served the greater good. McArthur bestirred himself to speak with all inexperienced Lieutenants and their Gunnys before the battle started. McArthur ordered the Lieutenants to stay behind the river lines and shoot up Japs attempting to cross. He then ordered the Gunnys to shoot in the leg any Lt failing to follow orders and counter-attacked North of any river line. The assembled Gunny's gave a loud "Yes Sir General McArthur!" After McArthur left the Gunny's started bragging about their marksmanship badges and taking bets on who would bag the first Lt of the upcoming battle.

Lt. Newbie told Lt. Wet Behind the Ears that the only time he had seen his Gunny happier was when the Gunny found a fifth of unopened Scotch and shared it with a "fun time girl."

Any ignorant fools who are not reading Airboy's AAR, are missing this.  :coolsmiley: :smitten: