Main Menu

Star Citizen

Started by Jarhead0331, June 04, 2014, 10:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skoop

The master modes is pretty hotly contested in the community. It was an attempt to mold combat into something beyond everyone jousting back n forth at high speed.

All it's done is flip the meta. Now everyone looks for the fastest ships, which are really lite weight fighters, and run everyone down before they can switch to the mode to quantum away.

I haven't spent any time with it really, just watched a bunch of streamers take on it.  Could be not a big deal. 

Tbh I thought combat was fine the way it was.  They spent so much time on the master modes, it looks like a reinventing the wheel situation here.  I'd rather they invested the time into AI crewman. 

Before 3.23, I played a bunch, figured out how to capture AI ships with the AI still in the turrets.  It was a small taste of how fun large ships will be with all your turrets manned with AI.

Destraex

Quote from: Skoop on May 17, 2024, 07:28:24 PMThe master modes is pretty hotly contested in the community. It was an attempt to mold combat into something beyond everyone jousting back n forth at high speed.

All it's done is flip the meta. Now everyone looks for the fastest ships, which are really lite weight fighters, and run everyone down before they can switch to the mode to quantum away.

I haven't spent any time with it really, just watched a bunch of streamers take on it.  Could be not a big deal. 

Tbh I thought combat was fine the way it was.  They spent so much time on the master modes, it looks like a reinventing the wheel situation here.  I'd rather they invested the time into AI crewman. 

Before 3.23, I played a bunch, figured out how to capture AI ships with the AI still in the turrets.  It was a small taste of how fun large ships will be with all your turrets manned with AI.

I completely agree. However I must admit that I do like being a little closer to the action now that ships are slower. You get to see the enemy ships at closer ranges for longer and you dogfight a little more than previously. It's more possible than before to circle onto somebodies tail. Also keeps little ships in range of less manoeverable ships turrets for longer, because bullets and laser bolts still travel at the same speeds as before. Less boom n zoom and more circling around targets.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Skoop

Yeah, I'll have to try it out for myself.  With, the DCS phantom releasing, not sure I'll get around to it.  Especially after a wipe, seems less enticing starting over.

Apparently, the top dogfighter guys claim that the Drake Buccaneer is the new meta ship.  Basically, any ship classed as interceptor will have the top speed and maneuverability.  Interesting cause the Bucc has sucked for years, now it's the best fighter in the game. It'll probably change again though.