Elite: Dangerous. I broke down.

Started by Jarhead0331, April 11, 2014, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: bboyer66 on January 07, 2015, 10:47:39 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 07, 2015, 10:10:01 AM

Dude, I once got $174,000 credits for one simple courier mission which required only one short 6 LY jump. Once you have a larger hold, the higher paying jobs will become available.

Most of the courier jobs net me between 3,000 and 5,000 credits, but on occasion I do get jobs in the $15,000 credit range, or higher like the above two examples. They are there, you just need to keep looking.

Your should have become a truck driver instead of a lawyer ;)

Same thoughts I just had after reading his post.    ^-^

:))

mikeck

Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 07, 2015, 01:46:33 AM
Quote from: mikeck on January 06, 2015, 10:17:52 PM
Point your ship at it with weapons deployed and target it...on the left it will say "scanning". After a few seconds it will show the pilots name and either "clean" or "wanted". If it's the latter, go to contacts and scroll down to thag pilot. On the description window in the "contacts" screen it will have info about the ship including the bounty amount. Always Check because you don't want to waste 400 credits of ammo and take damage for a 300 credit bounty.

If you are in a resource extraction zone, find wanted Cobras fighting security ships. Wait until the security ships wear the Cobras shields out and then dive in on it. Even if the security is shooting while you are too, when the ship explodes, you get the bounty
You don't need your weapons deployed to see a pilots status - and that could result in the pilot being more aggressive to you because he can see your weapons are deployed.

Need? no. but just like in real life I don't walk up to anybody that I may have to kill without being ready to go
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

undercovergeek

Onion head narcotics currently selling for 546 a ton with a buyer 30 light years away paying 16700 a ton..... Wheee

Great Ajax

Do you have to have any faction in order to buy?

What kinds of quantities are available?

Getting ready to outfit a trader and may head that way if it is lucrative.

Trey

Quote from: undercovergeek on January 07, 2015, 05:50:40 PM
Onion head narcotics currently selling for 546 a ton with a buyer 30 light years away paying 16700 a ton..... Wheee

GDS_Starfury

Im so glad you've gotten into slave trading and drug dealing.  upholding the memories and traditions of the Royal Navy!
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Great Ajax on January 07, 2015, 06:19:20 PM

Trey

no, anyone can buy - last lot i was limited to was 20 tonnes, ill go again tonight and let you know

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 07, 2015, 07:12:10 PM

Im so glad you've gotten into slave trading and drug dealing.  upholding the memories and traditions of the Royal Navy!

i also do a fine line in tea, havent dabbled in rum (liquor) yet

JudgeDredd

Quote from: undercovergeek on January 08, 2015, 08:42:46 AM
Quote from: Great Ajax on January 07, 2015, 06:19:20 PM

Trey

no, anyone can buy - last lot i was limited to was 20 tonnes, ill go again tonight and let you know

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 07, 2015, 07:12:10 PM

i also do a fine line in tea, havent dabbled in rum (liquor) yet
Can I ask how you knew that?

I'm presuming two things here

• You didn't buy it because it was cheap in the hope you could sell it for more
  • You didn't use the logic provided in the manual "Buy where supply is High and sell where supply is Low
In other words...I'm presuming you didn't "wing it"
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

the source of the drug has been in the galnet news for weeks, you have to read these little stories to pick up clues on something the devs are pointing you to - around christmas the planet was getting carpet bombed to stop the flow of drugs as it was becoming more popular, then the governor of the planet put out a cry for help to get guns brought to the planet to fend off the attackers and AFAIK they won and the flood gates have opened again

and......

theres a thread in the elite forum about a guy asking for smuggling tips, and one guy pointed him there, so i followed!

Jarhead0331

Last night I was distracted and flew into a Coriolis Port without requesting permission to dock. By the time I realized it, space dust. Another cobra and a full load of gold lost. Minor setback on my road to a Lakon Type 6. I'm like 200,00 away from being able to buy one and trick it out a bit. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Jarhead0331

Another nice courier mission requiring a quick 8 LY jump....$140,000 payday. I love those milk runs. I have enough to buy a lakon type 6 now. But I'm hesitating to buy. I feel like flying a ship with practically zero combat capability is going to be very boring and turn the game into a money grind. Problem is the next ship that balances cargo space with combat capability is the Asp and that costs over $6,000,000. Would probably take me a couple weeks to raise that kind of cheddar, in my cobra. The lakon would help me raise that in half the time...but now we're back to square one.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

republic

I run my Cobra as a hauler, 60 tons of cargo and no weapons at all.  To balance it out, I keep a Sidewinder with the best gear possible.  When I get tired of trading I'll hop in the Sidewinder and hang out at a resource extraction site.

Maybe keep grinding till you can afford to buy the Type 6 and still have enough funds to trade properly then slowly turn your current ship into a pure combat vessel.  Give you something to trade towards.

Cyrano

Straight off the space station elevator I crashed my ship into the launch ramp...

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Jarhead0331

Quote from: republic on January 09, 2015, 07:27:07 AM
I run my Cobra as a hauler, 60 tons of cargo and no weapons at all.  To balance it out, I keep a Sidewinder with the best gear possible.  When I get tired of trading I'll hop in the Sidewinder and hang out at a resource extraction site.

Maybe keep grinding till you can afford to buy the Type 6 and still have enough funds to trade properly then slowly turn your current ship into a pure combat vessel.  Give you something to trade towards.

I have a fully outfitted Cobra. It has a 40 ton hold, 2 gimbled burst lasers and 2 gimbled multi-cannons. All modules are significantly upgraded. 300 max cruise speed, 14 LY jump range, etc. The Cobra is capable of modest trade profit and it can hold its own easily in almost any fight. I also have a fully upgraded Viper that is designed to kill, and let me tell you...it is a murder machine. When I want to fight, I will use it.  The problem with your suggestion is, if I get a Lakon, I will be traveling in deep space far from my Viper, or Cobra, so it won't be so simple to just swap ships.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

republic

That is the major issue I have with the game right now is the inability to move your ships about.  Even a transfer fee and timer would be nice.  Pay x money and have to wait so many hours or something.

My other issue is supercruise.  Sometimes it decelerates quickly, sometimes it decelerates so slowly I bypass my destination by hundreds of light seconds...  I've found if I keep it at a 6 second arrival time I can do it right most of the time...but I feel like it is unnecessarily difficult.

However, even with these issues this is the best Space sim and best MMO I've ever played in my life by far.