Free Jutland Weekend

Started by Bismarck, March 02, 2012, 10:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bismarck

Not pushing; just saying.

Greetings Gamers!

FREE WEEKEND PASS FOR JUTLAND PRO!

Many of you have asked when we were going to feature FREE WEEKEND PASSES for JUTLAND PRO. Now it is here!
Play JUTLAND PRO ALL THIS WEEKEND FOR FREE! Just download the StormPowered game client and go!

JUTLAND PRO - FREE WEEKEND PASS!
Play JUTLAND PRO ALL weekend until Monday morning 12:01 am PST. Complete access to all of the Jutland Pro scenarios and campaign games! Download StormPowered and GO!

JUTLAND PRODUCT INFO
STORMPOWERED STORE PAGE

Free JUTLAND PRO Weekend Pass instructions -

New customers:
1. Download and Install the StormPowered game client. Let it update completely.
2. Create and activate a StormPowered account for yourself.
3. When the game client is finished, click on the MyGames Tab.
4. Click the Jutland Express edition. Download, install, and let it update completely.
5. It should now show Jutland Pro.
6. The Free Weekend Pass requires that you are connected to the internet each time you launch it.

Current customers:
1. Download and Install the StormPowered game client if you have not already done so. Let it update completely.
2. Create and activate a StormPowered account if needed. Log in.
3. When the game client is finished, click on the MyGames Tab.
4. Click the Jutland Express edition. Download, install, and let it update completely. If previously installed, launch and update it.
5. It should now show Jutland Pro.
6. The Free Weekend Pass requires that you are connected to the internet each time you launch it.

STORMPOWERED Holds its own!
An extensive STORMPOWERED vs Steam Feature is available HERE.

Below is a partial list of STORMPOWERED client features

USER FEATURES - Sampling of the Major User Features
* Integrated Game Library Purchase and Management
* Play all your games from any STORMPOWERED™ PC
* Play games Off-Line
* LIVE Anti-Theft FAIL-SAFE Lockout Feature w/auto password reset & email notification
* Auto Restore Game Library
* Auto Activation
* Auto Game Updates if available
* Time download manager - For those who have limited bandwidth or "Unlimited" Download time slots
* Integrated Game Community Server
* Integrated Customer Support Server w/ticket tracing
* Automated Game License Management

Our new Storm Eagle Game Community Server extends the gaming experience with dedicated communities for your favorite games!

* Official SES Game Sites
STORMPOWERED™
SHIP PACK 2: DOGGER BANK
JUTLAND
SHIP PACK 1: US NORTH SEA
DISTANT GUNS 1.5

* If you have friends you would like to introduce to the world of Storm Eagle Brand games, please forward this newsletter to them!

*STORM EAGLE NOW HIRING!
We are now looking to add new team members to our staff! If you have previous experience in the following positions, and
would like to join an exciting Video Game team, please forward your resume to jobs@stormeaglestudios.com
We need: C++ Programmers, Javascript Programmers, Sales Reps, Web Marketing, and Game Producers.

If you are a Game Publisher or Game Developer, we want your games on STORMPOWERED™.
For STORMPOWERED™ PUBLISHING & DISTRIBUTION opportunities please email stormpowered@stormeaglestudios.com

An extensive STORMPOWERED vs STEAM Feature is available HERE.

For PRESS INFO on the STORMPOWERED Digital Distribution Platform e-mail pressinfo@stormeaglestudios.com

About Storm Eagle Studios L.L.C.

Created in 2001 by Game Industry veterans Norm Koger and Jim Rose, Storm Eagle Studios Develops and Publishes
some of the most of the highly acclaimed Strategy and Simulation games available. Since 1988, Norm Koger and Jim Rose
have created, co-created, designed, co-designed, developed, produced and/or published over 70 titles for companies such as
SSI, Avalon Hill, Talonsoft, Rockstar Games and Take Two Interactive. A sample of their credits include Kingmaker,
Age of Rifles, Red Lightning, East & West Front, Age of Sail, Mafia 1, Hidden & Dangerous, Lemmings,
Talonsoft's Battleground Series, & The Operational Art of War.

UNSUBSCRIBE: If you would like to be removed from our distribution list, or have tried
and are still receiving them, e-mail unsubscribe@stormeaglestudios.com
We apologize for any inconvenience.

Copyright 2001-2011 Storm Eagle Studios
Storm Eagle, Storm Eagle Studios, and Distant Guns are Registered Trademarks of Albireo Studios, L.L.C.
STORMPOWERED™, StormPowered.com™, and Jutland™ are pending trademarks of Albireo Studios, L.L.C.
All trademarks displayed or discussed on this page are the property of their respective owners worldwide.
P.O. Box 146 Free Union, Virginia 22940
Jim Cobb

Staggerwing

I tried it the last time it was free and I couldn't get Jutland to run at all. Phooey!
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

son_of_montfort

Is it worth me installing to try out over the weekend or should I buy Steam and Iron? Which is the "better" game?
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Bismarck

Two very different games. Jutland is flash and tends toward more micromanagement and is limited to the North Sea.although the campaign is nice. I think learning the camera controls would require more than a weekend. I don't mind them but I'm used to them now.

By all means, get S&I regardless.
Jim Cobb

son_of_montfort

I tried a version of Jutland once and it was fairly finicky.

Glad to see the high praise for S&I. I'm very much thinking about getting it soon.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

jomni

Bismarck

Quote from: jomni on March 04, 2012, 01:34:36 AM
They're scared of S&I

Most likely.  Easy UI, broader scope, less expensive, no client, no DRM, nicer support
Jim Cobb

Epee1

Quote from: Bismarck on March 04, 2012, 10:34:57 AM
Quote from: jomni on March 04, 2012, 01:34:36 AM
They're scared of S&I

Most likely.  Easy UI, broader scope, less expensive, no client, no DRM, nicer support

Boy you hit the nail on the head with that comment.

son_of_montfort

Hey Epee, you said you didn't pick up SaS. Neither did I. But you think the SaI learning curve is much easier? I'd love to hear your thoughts on that in comparison.

- Stephen Colbert

- Stephen Colbert

Epee1

I have Supremacy at Sea, bought it when it first came out.  I never could figure it out.  I don't have Steam and Iron.

Epee1

I was just agreeing with Jomni, in his assessment of the situation.

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Epee1 on March 04, 2012, 06:34:23 PM
I have Supremacy at Sea, bought it when it first came out.  I never could figure it out.  I don't have Steam and Iron.

Shoot, I was hoping you were going to say "even if you are WWI ship illiterate, you will easily pick up and love this game!" :)

- Stephen Colbert

- Stephen Colbert

Epee1

Well I'm planning on picking up S&I, but I was hoping to dive back into SAS when the patch came out.

Of course I may cave, I'm real close.

Hartford688

Quote from: son_of_montfort on March 04, 2012, 06:49:37 PM
Quote from: Epee1 on March 04, 2012, 06:34:23 PM

Shoot, I was hoping you were going to say "even if you are WWI ship illiterate, you will easily pick up and love this game!" :)

Isn't SAS about WWII rather than WWI?

Bismarck

Yes, it's WW II. Think of War Plan Pacific ramped up 50x and you have a vague concept of it.
Jim Cobb