Kerbal Space Program 2

Started by steve58, August 19, 2019, 04:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 19, 2023, 08:05:48 PMI see the cost expects to be 49.99 at release.....not likely a day one purchase

I may still grab it early, depends how much Greenmangaming's XP price beats $50...plus I'm weak and probably won't be able to resist. 
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Pete Dero

Preview by ObisidianAnt

Preview by Scott Manley

CJReich46

I dunno. Sadly I never got that much far with KSP. Plus the specs are too high for my system in the GPU side.

It might go on the "future list".
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Destraex

Is there a mode where the characters look normal?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Pete Dero

Quote from: Destraex on February 21, 2023, 04:15:57 AMIs there a mode where the characters look normal?

Kerbal Space Program without Kerbals ?

I am sure this couldn't be done in KSP 1 so you might be stuck with these characters in KSP2.

Maybe this is an alternative : https://store.steampowered.com/app/870200/Juno_New_Origins/

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: steve58 on February 19, 2023, 08:42:26 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 19, 2023, 08:05:48 PMI see the cost expects to be 49.99 at release.....not likely a day one purchase

I may still grab it early, depends how much Greenmangaming's XP price beats $50...plus I'm weak and probably won't be able to resist. 

Looking at the specs, surprisingly this is the first time where specs are so high not sure I can even run it from a graphics card standpoint.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Pete Dero on February 21, 2023, 05:05:28 AMMaybe this is an alternative : https://store.steampowered.com/app/870200/Juno_New_Origins/

How is this game that I have "never" heard of already in my steam library?  :headscratch:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

steve58

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 21, 2023, 07:31:29 AM
Quote from: Pete Dero on February 21, 2023, 05:05:28 AMMaybe this is an alternative : https://store.steampowered.com/app/870200/Juno_New_Origins/

How is this game that I have "never" heard of already in my steam library?  :headscratch:

It was recently renamed from SimpleRockets 2 for some? reason.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 21, 2023, 06:10:03 AM
Quote from: steve58 on February 19, 2023, 08:42:26 PM

Looking at the specs, surprisingly this is the first time where specs are so high not sure I can even run it from a graphics card standpoint.

Lots of vocal unhappiness at the released specs, not to mention their timing 1 week prior to release.

Other than the GPU, I'm OK with the specs.  Not sure my Geforce GTX 1660 Ti w/6 GB is going to be able to handle it until they do a lot of optimizing.  KSP 2 was going to be a Day 1 buy for me (and still might be depending on Greenmangaming's price).  Definitely will be watching KSP/Steam forums to see how those with low end GPUs make out...

steve58

KSP 2 Spec update

Well, maybe my GTX 1660 Ti won't be to overwhelmed from the get go...

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: steve58 on February 23, 2023, 04:43:20 PMKSP 2 Spec update

Well, maybe my GTX 1660 Ti won't be to overwhelmed from the get go...

Yep, now mine squeezes in on the minimum...although not sure I played enough of the first game to justify $49.99 right away....we'll see.

steve58

KSP 2 now available.  :twirl:

Picked it up on Greenmangaming for $42.49, $7.50 less than Steam.  In case I need to refund, I am going to wait a bit before redeeming the Steam key to see how well/bad the release goes.

p.s.  the $42.49 price reflects my Greenmangaming Silver tier discount.

ArizonaTank

Initial Steam comments are mixed...mostly about the sparse features in the initial release and some complaints about performance. But maybe those "performance" complaints are just another way to say the spec requirements are too high.

Anyway, I'll keep playing 1 for now and wait on 2.

I am sure KSP2 is in my future somewhere...but not just yet.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Tripoli

Quote from: ArizonaTank on February 24, 2023, 10:52:44 AM...

Anyway, I'll keep playing 1 for now and wait on 2.

I am sure KSP2 is in my future somewhere...but not just yet.
That is where I'm at right now: Modded KSP1 continues to be a lot of fun (which is remarkable, given the age of the game), and the hardware requirements for KSP2 look a little daunting for my current system
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Pete Dero

https://www.eurogamer.net/kerbal-space-program-2-player-count-has-already-dropped-below-first-game

Includes an overview of the patch that will be released for Kerbal Space Program 2 in the coming weeks.