Steel Division 2 Brings Single Player Strategic map campaign similar to totalwar

Started by Destraex, August 25, 2018, 04:43:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Destraex

Skoop

The most epic feature of SD2 is the ability to coop the army general campaign battles.  You have 3 battle groups every battle, so you and 2 friends can go against the AI.  It's alot of fun, and you don't get overwhelmed.  The micromanaging is enjoyable when your just doing one battlegroup and your buddies do the other 2.

demjansk1942

I can't get through the first scenario in the campaign, I play too slow, I wish this was a wego game

Destraex

Karri

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 29, 2021, 02:37:09 PM
You can pause the game completely and still give orders or slow the speed down to .33 time. With these temporal tools, I'm not sure why anyone would get overwhelmed. That being said, it is not turn-based, so I understand that RTS is not for everyone.

I meant more along the lines that engagements are just brutal slaughter fests, with units wiped out in the blink of an eye.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Karri on November 02, 2021, 12:44:29 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 29, 2021, 02:37:09 PM
You can pause the game completely and still give orders or slow the speed down to .33 time. With these temporal tools, I'm not sure why anyone would get overwhelmed. That being said, it is not turn-based, so I understand that RTS is not for everyone.

I meant more along the lines that engagements are just brutal slaughter fests, with units wiped out in the blink of an eye.

Hmmmmm....ok. I don't feel that at all in this game. I think it is important to use the terrain to play to the strengths of your units. I'm primarily a defensive player that takes a methodical approach to seizing and holding ground. I take high ground with my long range armor and anti-tank units, seize towns and villages with infantry equipped with anti-tank weaponry and use a mixed bag of aviation and artillery to support forward pushes. I don't move my forward line of resistance until I am comfortable that my rear echelon can hold the line and that the most likely points of contact on the map are secured and covered. Most maps have major road junctions or bridges that are obvious points of ingress. I make taking and holding these zones priority.

Now, Theatre of War...there is a game that chews up units in the blink of an eye.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Destraex

Big news for Steel Division 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Two new free Reinforcement Packs for Steel Division 2 will be made available soon, one of them being the Kostritza map. The other new Reinforcement Pack will contain two new divisions, hand-picked from the Nemesis DLC options that never made it. These will feature new units (but no new models). We will reveal soon which divisions they will be.
Both of these Reinforcement Packs will be delivered before the release of Tribute to the Liberation of Italy.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
But the day is edging closer that we can reveal it. Fair to say that this secret project has taken a fair bit of our attention as well.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/919640/view/3063004884078655449

Destraex

Military History Visualised and VulcanHD do SD2 collaboration stream on youtube

Two of my favourite channels streaming SD2 together. I have not watched it yet, so it has me wondering why MHV would do this? I know Eugen have a big secret project in the works though... but this probably has nothing to do with it.

Destraex

Well the Tribute to italy DLC is out for Steel Division 2. One of a few DLC to come still for SD2.
Fairly expensive but 8 sides in total.

Destraex

Another Steel Division 2 content creator that started up recently. Not too bad at all. Really enjoying his videos.

I am always mystified when people say "get good" though. Good is not something you can go and physically or tangibly pick up and carry.
Become good is what I would have said, as this indicates personal improvement in this case on a mental level. Note, I did not say learnings, which is another kettle of fish I do not understand and is now popular. A verb that is being used as a noun. I would say "we have learnt or we learned". Alternatively "we hope to learn" or "take away lessons". Because Lessons can be actual physical things. Learning is the construction or creation of that lesson.

Another one I encountered recently was "lived experience". What experience is not lived?

Another thing I constantly hear is people in one sentence about one thing refering to said thing as both plural and singular.
"The Tanks all had a engine" instead of "The Tanks all had engines".

Why are we re-inventing the wheel? I am not perfect or even good at writing or language as is in evidence here on this forum, but from what I see, all of these problems are just products of a world that must accept everything as being correct and not offering up any correction. "Because evil".

Sorry to rant. The title just "triggered" me. lol. Maybe I need a lesson. But I am betting people just think correction and learning is bad. I had hoped the internet would lead to "good" standards for better worldwide communication. Honestly I guess am just being petty and should slap myself in the face.

I don't know about there, but here we have journalists with very little command of language writing and speaking on the radio. Often news reports which should be perfect are stumbled over by those that read them out because they are simply poorly produced and edited. People just seem to be making things, perhaps up because they are poorly trained and cannot be corrected for, I assume, fear of reprecussion.

Language changes and evolves (or devolves), but I hate it when it changes for what I think is a less clear and precise form. To me that can only be bad when we need to talk to each other in detail. Modern language seems to me to be heading in a more simplified direction. What is most scary is that if I listen to it enough in an apathetic way, I find myself copying it! I must be weak minded... Have a nice day.  :timeout:

Gusington

The phrase 'git good' is all the rage with kids who game, slang/lingo.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

True. Usually when I hear people use it as an exagerrated phrase like your talking about people almost use it in a derogatory fashion to exagerrate the target persons simplified state of being. I am not talking about that kind of usage. I would not aim to denigrate somebody for improper use of language. I do not aim to hurt anybody that is simply trying their best to communicate. Rather my own sanity as an old fart these days prefers that my brain does not get rewired permanently by non-sensical language.

Gusington

^Oh I know. There are words and phrases that set me off every time. Usually 'marketing' type speak or teenaged girl talk. 'Seriously?' is one.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Father Ted

Quote from: Gusington on February 18, 2022, 07:56:31 PM
The phrase 'git good' is all the rage with kids who game, slang/lingo.

I think I'm of an age where what I think is "all the rage with kids" was actually popular five years ago :'(. 

Language does evolve though.  Take our little niche.  "Hex" is properly a word meaning to put a spell on someone, but people in these parts accept it to  mean "hexagon".  We understand that a "beer and pretzels game" doesn't involve flicking salty snacks into beverages.  And so on.  Even the name of this forum is a made-up word.