Main Menu

Tom’s FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, June 04, 2021, 06:40:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boggit

Quote from: Gusington on June 04, 2021, 01:52:29 PM
And Red Storm Rising on the Amiga rocked!

I loved that on the C64! Happy daze! O0
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

MengJiao

Quote from: Toonces on June 04, 2021, 02:39:22 PM
You guys really should give Cold Waters a shot if you're into submarine warfare.  I find it is my most-played game.  For me, it strikes the perfect balance between realism and fun.  There's just enough detail to force you to make real submarine commander decisions without the layers of minutiae of something like Dangerous Waters

With a few tweaks it might be my favorite game.  I'm hoping Seapower comes through.

Seapower should be wonderful.  Well, that's my hope anyway.

Toonces

I don't know much about it, but I am very hopeful it will be the video game I've been waiting my whole life to play.

Between Seapower and The Admiral's game, I might never leave my office again.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

al_infierno

I'm still on my big Insurgency kick.  Finally got the medic class mod working on my server, so between that and the custom maps and weapons, it sparks a bit more life back into one of my favorite multiplayer shooters.   :dreamer:  I was worried it would mostly be dead due to the Unreal Engine sequel coming out, but so far it's had a healthy stream of fresh players when I'm actually on.  If anyone wants to join in, it's called SithAdmin's Server and runs the fantastic Armory: 35 Angry Bots mod.

Also I'm working through a fresh playthrough of the Mass Effect series with the new Legendary Edition.  Just finished the first game, and it's a lot rougher than I remember even with the visual upgrades, but still a great dialogue-em-up RPG experience.  The combat is about as so-so as I remember.  If I get my character through the mess that is the end of ME3, it'll be my first time completing the series.  We'll see if I slog through all the fluff quests and clunky third-person shooting.   :uglystupid2:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao