Making History: The Great War now has a free demo and a new scenario

Started by MuzzyDev, November 07, 2014, 03:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MuzzyDev

At last!  We just released a huge update that includes a free demo and a new scenario.  They both start in 1914, just before the Archduke takes his fateful ride through Sarajevo.  The demo has limited turns and you can only play Austria Hungary.  It was really fun playtesting this and seeing just how much damage I could do.  What can I say?  Some people just like to watch the world burn!   >:D

You can get the demo at our site http://making-history.com or on Steam.

Chris--
Chris Parsons
Product Manager, Muzzy Lane

Martok

Cool!  Now I just need to find time to actually try it out.  ::) 

(Also, just so you're aware, MuzzyDev, the link in your post doesn't work as is.  Looks like you need to drop the " or on Steam." bit from the url brackets.) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bobarossa

Demo claimed it was going to overwrite a previous installation?  I have MH2 installed but I didn't think that should confuse it.  The key that pops up in the installer is my MH2 key.  Should I install anyway?  Should I delete the key for demo mode?

MuzzyDev

Quote from: bobarossa on November 08, 2014, 08:10:48 PM
Demo claimed it was going to overwrite a previous installation?  I have MH2 installed but I didn't think that should confuse it.  The key that pops up in the installer is my MH2 key.  Should I install anyway?  Should I delete the key for demo mode?

Hmm, must be the same folder in the registry.  Install with no key; it should not affect your copy of MHII.

Chris--
Chris Parsons

bobarossa

Quote from: MuzzyDev on November 10, 2014, 11:08:15 AM
Quote from: bobarossa on November 08, 2014, 08:10:48 PM

Hmm, must be the same folder in the registry.  Install with no key; it should not affect your copy of MHII.

Chris--
OK, I figured out how I screwed up.  I originally saw the demo was out from a post by you on Wargamer.com.  The text didn't have a working link in it but I saw a link to a demo in the signature lines so I clicked on it.  Unfortunately that was for MH2 demo so it naturally wanted to overwrite my MH2 installation!  I have the correct demo and it installed fine.  After a quick glance, TGW appears to be a much different game than MHII. 

MuzzyDev

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 10, 2014, 01:46:23 PM
Is there a tutorial for the demo?
Not yet.  Too easy to make it obsolete if we change something.  There is a manual (incomplete) that does explain all the basics.

Chris--
Chris Parsons

Slick Wilhelm

Chris,

Do I understand correctly that MH:TGW has not been officially released yet, and is still in beta?

MuzzyDev

Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on November 19, 2014, 10:12:37 AM
Chris,

Do I understand correctly that MH:TGW has not been officially released yet, and is still in beta?

Yes.  Getting closer, though.  Still an update every two weeks or so.  Lots of work ongoing right now on diplomacy and the military AI. 

Chris--
Chris Parsons

tgb

Gee.  I remember right before the original release date (June? July?) when you posted that the game was about to come out and you better buy it now because when it does the price will be going up.

I can't believe I fell for that.

Slick Wilhelm

Quote from: tgb on November 21, 2014, 12:37:39 PM
Gee.  I remember right before the original release date (June? July?) when you posted that the game was about to come out and you better buy it now because when it does the price will be going up.

I can't believe I fell for that.

Well, would you rather that they release it in a buggy state? I'd rather that they delayed release until it was more polished and stable. How much did you drop on it? $19.99? Is that amount really going to break you?

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.