Dominions 4 video...huh??

Started by mikeck, July 17, 2013, 07:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzersEast

Quote from: mikeck on October 08, 2013, 11:14:35 AM
I wish they would release the damn manual...as a seperate PDF!!

Ditto!

PE

Nefaro

I thought it a bit odd that they'd remove the last beta version for the three days before official release.  ???

Luckily I already have the final beta version if I felt like firing it up between now & then.

Yskonyn

According to the remarks by Illwinter, this was a mistake. Aparently Desura deletes old versions once the release version is being submitted. Illwinter didn't expect it either.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

mikeck

So of I already bought and installed the beta...can I play it now? Or does Desura remove it from your playlist???!
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Yskonyn

I never used the Desura client. So you don't need that to play. Just browse to its location on your harddisk if it doesnt show in the client anymore.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

mikeck

May have to search around. I didn't pay attention to where it was installed
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

mikeck

The manual is now available on the Ilwinter site !

Jarhead0331

Is this going to be released on Steam?  I see it on GG, but not steam...

EDIT: Looks like no.

To buy on GG or not to buy at all...that is the question.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

tgb

The game is released, but apparently as of right now can only be downloaded and installed through the Desura client.

Yskonyn

Yes the direct download link returns a 'not found' error.
Illwinter has contacted Desura and aparently it will be fixed soon(tm).
At least you can already get the manuals from the illwinter website. :)

PanzersEast

I highly recommend Dom 4..... for those who could not get into 3 or was overwhelmed with all the information, 4 has streamed lined the UI and now has hover information that saves you a ton of time.  There is still a learning process, however it is much shorter this time around.

PE

CptHowdy

just purchased! now just need to save some money for the new x-com expansion and x rebirth which are releasing in November. that flashpoint campaigns is looking tempting but I just bought cmano as well  :'(   all these great games and not enough money or time!

Yskonyn

Great guys!
Join us over at the Looking for Opponents forum!

SgtRock

Quote from: mikeck on October 09, 2013, 07:14:55 PM
The manual is now available on the Ilwinter site !

The manual does a nice job of explaining everything but, still not seeing much new, other than the (Thrones of Ascensions). Seems like little more than an update to Dom 3, too much been there done that for me.

Huw the Poo

I haven't even followed it closely, and I'm aware of:

No taxes
Thrones of ascension
Disciples for proper team play (this is a MAJOR change)

Seems like a significant update to me.