The Lordz Games Studio strikes a licence deal on Check Your 6!

Started by Lord Zimoa, February 01, 2016, 06:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrano

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

mirth

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on January 29, 2018, 12:40:23 PM
Will it work if a joystick is plugged in?

Shouldn't need a joystick. It's all turn-based tactical. You're not flying the plane in a sim sense. You're plotting a maneuver, changing altitude, and adjusting speed based on the maneuver and altitude change.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

His joystick interferes with other mouse driven games.... too lazy to unplug it to play....  ;)

Barthheart

mirth

Quote from: Barthheart on January 29, 2018, 01:43:28 PM
His joystick interferes with other mouse driven games.... too lazy to unplug it to play....  ;)

Ahh...
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Nefaro

Looks like a mobile game. 

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 29, 2018, 12:36:16 PM
No skirmish mode or quick battle generator? Not sure I like the idea of having to rely on DLC and expansions for longevity.

Also, is there any pilot management? Do pilots have names? Do they get tired? Afraid? Etc. Its not clear from the website or screenshots I've seen.

Thanks.

And this.

I hope there are some extra capabilities other than 18 canned scenarios.

Been wanting this, but the first peak leaves me a bit underwhelmed. 

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Barthheart on January 29, 2018, 01:43:28 PM

i have the same problem and it is VERY irritating. I've plugged most of my "flight" based peripherals into a USB hub, so I only have to unplug that in order to disable them all, but still...its an annoying problem to have.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Barthheart link=topic=16054. msg588942#msg588942 date=1517251408

Plus the throttle and rudder!  Never forget the throttle and rudder.  I was using a USB hub like Jarhead but I kept getting voltage warnings so I switched back to regular USB ports.  It's irritating to have to plop them out every time I want to play certain games.  Even more irritating because if I don't put them in the same ports, some flight sims want me to remap my controls every time I reconnect then.

DennisS

Quote from: Nefaro on January 29, 2018, 03:01:11 PM
Looks like a mobile game. 

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 29, 2018, 12:36:16 PM
No skirmish mode or quick battle generator? Not sure I like the idea of having to rely on DLC and expansions for longevity.

Also, is there any pilot management? Do pilots have names? Do they get tired? Afraid? Etc. Its not clear from the website or screenshots I've seen.

Thanks.

And this.

I hope there are some extra capabilities other than 18 canned scenarios.

Been wanting this, but the first peak leaves me a bit underwhelmed.

Agreed. Has to have something other than 18 scripted missions. Once they're "solved," you're done.

jomni

I miss that Battlefront aerial card game Down in Flames.
That's pure aerial skirmish and have pilot career mode.
Sadly it, doesn't work with modern computers and OS.

Cyrano

Wait, wait, wait...

OK, long work day.

JH's point just hit me.

Wow.

I just double-checked the Slitherix website and it seems to suggest that it is, indeed, 18 missions.

Wow.

They are going to get pounded for that.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Toonces

Yeah, I read through the description a couple of times.  If there was a mission builder or something like that, I have to assume it would have been highlighted.

I didn't go onto the forums, so if this is indeed a feature and just an oversight on the product page, then my bad.  But, I mean, c'mon man.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

mirth

If there is no quick battle generator or whatever one wants to call it, it's a huge oversight. I still have high hopes for the game. This deserves a proper port to PC.

GibbyG

From the Lordz site.  Apparently there is a campaign, but no word on random battles

FEATURES:
Set in WW2 at the start of The Battle of Britain, the epic clash between the British RAF and German Luftwaffe
A turnbased, tactical air combat wargame developed with the help of real fighter pilots
18 single-player scenarios with a great variety of mission goals
Two engaging campaigns, one for the Axis and one for the Allies
Cross-platform server based multi-player
Hotseat mode
Hangar with beautiful visual art and detailed text info of all the involved airplanes
Fly and control famous classics like the famous: Supermarine Spitfire, The Junkers Ju 87 "Stuka", The Hawker Hurricane, The Messerschmitt Bf 109 and many more...
An easy to learn tutorial to help you master the tactics of air combat
In game help and manual to explain in detail the rich and detailed gameplay rules