One Year Ago Today

Started by bayonetbrant, May 01, 2012, 05:33:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Keunert

still great! for us for the us
and for the virgins that may be no virgins no more.
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

MIGMaster

I hear Ted Nugent may be next !  ;)

Staggerwing

Posted to your blog:

I heard about it in the morning so I immediately poured myself a shot of Jagermeister and saluted the Seal team. It seemed the thing to do...

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

pawelj

Happy Killing Osama Bin Laden Day everyone!!! :)
"Britain and France had to choose between war and dishonour. They chose dishonour. They will have war." - Winston Churchill

Gusington

This may be the one thing everyone here can agree on. Maybe we should exchange gifts? I'll give pawelj a nice leather bound copy of the Bible :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Keunert

Jägermeister in the morning?!!??
:o
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Keunert on May 01, 2012, 09:53:38 AM
Jägermeister in the morning?!!??
:o

it's 5 o'clock somewhere
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on May 01, 2012, 09:33:55 AM
This may be the one thing everyone here can agree on. Maybe we should exchange gifts? I'll give pawelj a nice leather bound copy of the Bible :)

Ha!
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

son_of_montfort

That was the year that was. We were down OBL, Muammar Gaddafi, and Kim Jong Il. Axis of Evil... semi-neutralized.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

LongBlade

Quote from: son_of_montfort on May 01, 2012, 11:08:48 AM
That was the year that was. We were down OBL, Muammar Gaddafi, and Kim Jong Il. Axis of Evil... semi-neutralized.

Now let's scratch Unkim, Assad, and the Iranians and we can get back to a nice bipolar world of the US versus Russia.

Bison

If it weren't being used as a piece of agitprop and young men were not still dying, I'd celebrate. 

LongBlade

While it's great news that UBL is dead the fact is one of our biggest "allies" in the region has fingerprints all over helping him hide.

QuoteOne year since U.S. commandos flew into this Pakistani army town and killed Usama bin Laden, Islamabad has failed to answer tough questions over whether its security forces were protecting the world's most wanted terrorist.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/05/01/1-year-after-usama-bin-laden-raid-no-answers-from-pakistan-on-on-who-helped-him/#ixzz1tdnQchLH

son_of_montfort

^ That was fairly clear from the get go. Not sure what can be done, if anything, about that.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

LongBlade

Quote from: son_of_montfort on May 01, 2012, 12:43:24 PM
^ That was fairly clear from the get go. Not sure what can be done, if anything, about that.

Well, my vote is to quietly find those folks and cut the brake lines on their cars as they commute through the mountains.