HISTORY of IRONCLADS: Broadside Ironclads Video

Started by totemgam, May 09, 2021, 10:17:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

totemgam

More than ten years have passed since my sincere and long-standing passion for the navy of the age of armor and steam turned out to be in demand by a small team of like-minded people. All these years I have made every effort to ensure that as many people as possible can share my passion. I wrote historical articles and books, I helped make computer games, and now I turned to a new format of communication for me.

Here's a video of how the advanced technology of the mid-19th century influenced the navy and led to a new type of ship - the battleship.

https://youtu.be/8u10HkzIyOY

Your opinion on this video is really important to me. I want to know if I should continue this story? What can be improved?

MengJiao

Quote from: totemgam on May 09, 2021, 10:17:06 AM
More than ten years have passed since my sincere and long-standing passion for the navy of the age of armor and steam turned out to be in demand by a small team of like-minded people. All these years I have made every effort to ensure that as many people as possible can share my passion. I wrote historical articles and books, I helped make computer games, and now I turned to a new format of communication for me.

Here's a video of how the advanced technology of the mid-19th century influenced the navy and led to a new type of ship - the battleship.

https://youtu.be/8u10HkzIyOY

Your opinion on this video is really important to me. I want to know if I should continue this story? What can be improved?

I'm all for it.  The real problem is there is not much data on what would have happened if any of these ships had to fight.  The Bombardment of Alexandria (1882) seems like the only slightly useful data point.  Another thing worth considering is torpedoes, mines and searchlights.  Naval excercises began looking into those in the 1880s.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

matt3916

Continue the story.  I'd recommend killing the background music.  I thought it interfered with the narrative.

Pete Dero

Quote from: matt3916 on May 09, 2021, 07:20:45 PM
Continue the story.  I'd recommend killing the background music.  I thought it interfered with the narrative.

I don't know much about this era so I welcome more info on it.

I would also suggest lowering the volume or entirely removing the background music.

steve58

Great vid, thx!  I'm OK with the music, but a tad lower O0  ...and yes, please continue.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

totemgam

I want to express my sincere gratitude to everyone who watched my video and left their feedback. Your help has been helpful, friendly and inspiring.

I tried to take into account your suggestions and present to your attention a new video:

Video talks about how steam technology has changed the sailing fleet. If the interest in my work turns out to be sufficient, then I plan to separately show rare photographs of ships of the 1850s, and then return to the first ironclad battleships.

In our age of satiety, it is difficult for us to devote our attention to even interesting information, and therefore thanks for your time!

Pete Dero

Pete Dero

I prefer this one to the first video.   :bd:

totemgam

HISTORY of IRONCLADS: the development of steamship tactics (Youtube Video)

During the Crimean War of 1854-1855, both the French and the British had squadrons of steam ships, but there were no tactics for using them in battle. Only after the conclusion of peace was it possible to organize a series of tests in order to test in reality the existing theories of various complex formations.

Thanks for your time!

totemgam

HISTORY of IRONCLADS: steam screw ships of the line in vintage unique photos (Youtube Video)

In 1839, the Frenchman Louis Daguerre published a method for obtaining a photographic image. Thanks to this invention, we can see what the last sailing and first steam battleships looked like.

Thanks for your time!