Wing Leader: June 15, 1940 on the Big Board

Started by MengJiao, July 21, 2022, 01:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

Running the Italian attack again.  This time Pierre is on hand and 5 Italian planes are down, but the French radio net is "cluttered"...a dogfight is on and one of the French half-squadrons broke after shooting down three bombers.  It's all over but the flak and bombing:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on July 21, 2022, 01:25:59 PM

Running the Italian attack again.  This time Pierre is on hand and 5 Italian planes are down, but the French radio net is "cluttered"...a dogfight is on and one of the French half-squadrons broke after shooting down three bombers.  It's all over but the flak and bombing:

And...in the end: airbase bombed (3 "hits" or 50% to success! ), 6 bombers down, 3 fighters down one French Fighter down.

W8taminute

Now see based off of that screenshot in the first post I see a very desperate story.

The airplane in the top row is very interesting.  Here's his story:

Pierre, suffering from an intermittent radio connection, was our squadrons only hope as he was the best pilot we had.  Running low on ammo and being somewhat disoriented from the ongoing combat around him, he was called upon to turn the battle around. 

Can Pierre save the day or will he be forced to return to base?  That is if his base is still there?

;D
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

MengJiao

Quote from: W8taminute on July 21, 2022, 03:20:44 PM
Now see based off of that screenshot in the first post I see a very desperate story.

The airplane in the top row is very interesting.  Here's his story:

Pierre, suffering from an intermittent radio connection, was our squadrons only hope as he was the best pilot we had.  Running low on ammo and being somewhat disoriented from the ongoing combat around him, he was called upon to turn the battle around. 

Can Pierre save the day or will he be forced to return to base?  That is if his base is still there?

;D
Since the Italians got a fair number of "hits" but no kills on the D520s, Pierre was probably saved by self-sealing fuel tanks and an advanced fire suppression system...all pretty good against
the ordinary interrupted (through the prop) pair of 50 cal. machine guns mounted on the Italian biplanes.  The D520s had 20mm canons and twice as many rapid-fire uninterrupted (ie wing-mounted ) mgs, so Pierre had many unfair advantages and probably stopped listening to the radio once the dogfight started.