Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331 and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Gusington

I can't really deny the truth behind the last two posts at all.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

I can't wait for reboots of shitty week-long miniseries like Amerika, Threads, and The Day After.

Also, I've now seen the same clip from Arma III posted as "totz realz war footage bruh!" by idiots on social media at least half a dozen times.  People are dumb....but now I wanna play Arma.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/arma-game-clip-ukraine/

SirAndrewD

Heavy fighting in Kyiv near Maidan Square.  Looks as if the Russians are pushing their way deep into the city.

You can eerily listen to it live on this feed while it's still up. 

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Con

I truly wonder if Putin is mentally deranged.  There seems to be so little of reality to his actions and of course Marco Rubios post suggests that something has physically changed in the man in the last coupe of years.

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/1497393912821915648?s=20&t=fNUfajRSSvJ34Ydgz9p2Ow

solops

I sit here warm and safe. In the chaos and excitement of ongoing events, it is good to remind one's self that real war is not a game.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

SirAndrewD

Well, take it with a grain of salt because it's the Ukrainian MOD and of course they'd have reason to paint a cheery picture. 

However, feeds are silent as the sun comes up, and Ukrainian internet which was down for a few hours is being restored.  The MOD is reporting that the expected overnight attack into Kyiv was repulsed.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Con

If this video posts its an insane testament to the citizen soldiers of Kyiv - Edit sorry dont know how to post twitter videos but if it is real I would say the Russians are getting pounded.  Take it back looks like it was from 2014

GDS_Starfury

from what Ive gathered the fighting in Kiev tonight was airborne troops, possibly from the southern airport, making a dash to the leadership.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 26, 2022, 12:08:47 AM
from what Ive gathered the fighting in Kiev tonight was airborne troops, possibly from the southern airport, making a dash to the leadership.

Seems like it.   Constant reports that the Russians lost two full IL-76's but no firm confirmation.  If that's true that's a huge single loss of life if they were loaded with troops and not equipment.

GDS_Starfury

the mechanized unit still seem to be held up towards the north.
Im also somewhat surprised at the overall low numbers of aircraft shot down.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

Id love to see the extended play of how the awacs viewed all of this.
track histories and all.

MikeGER

I pray to St Javelina for the safety of the Ukrainiens \m/

the real war and so close and only a fingerttip away on twitter with realtime footage takes a little away the joy of (modern scenario) wargaming atm ...i am torn, on the other hand  scenario builders all over the place are working their fingers to the bone wih their editors to let me simulate/analyse this conflict in all possible scales from squad to division, from a sqaremile of Kiew oustscirts to the whole globe     

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on February 25, 2022, 10:45:51 PM
I can't wait for reboots of shitty week-long miniseries like Amerika, Threads, and The Day After.

Also, I've now seen the same clip from Arma III posted as "totz realz war footage bruh!" by idiots on social media at least half a dozen times.  People are dumb....but now I wanna play Arma.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/arma-game-clip-ukraine/
I watched that and just kept thinking "Someone release the computer from it's duties, get on that gun and lead the damn target!"
Alba gu' brath

Toonces

I spent the night arguing with my conservative brother and getting drunk.  Heh.

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

MengJiao

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 26, 2022, 12:08:47 AM

The US offered to evacuate President Zelensky from Kyiv, but he refused saying, "I need ammunition, not a ride."

I don't know how much longer Zelensky can survive with the Russians trying (apparently) to kill him from all sides.  It's like the Russians have thier own wierd game:
kill Zelensky.  But it doesn't count if they hit him with bomb or missile.  Apparently he has to be personally shot by somebody with goggles on at close range.

I agree that we need to get some of our own people with special goggles in there.  They can claim to be trying to save Zelensky or just give him some ammo.