Bacon, the alpha and omega of meats

Started by Centurion40, February 01, 2012, 12:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Martok

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 29, 2012, 06:08:01 AM

click image
I just googled this, and... 

...What the hell did I just look at?  I think it was either something terrible or strangely wonderful... 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Centurion40

Any time is a good time for pie.

bayonetbrant

click on the link... takes you to the site...

it's a lorem ipsum generator that includes bacon-related terms throughout
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

sample

Quoteint sausage pig, jowl beef ribs est ea boudin. Magna in ut tempor, dolore corned beef sed tri-tip ground round ex swine incididunt. Pork jerky ex, shoulder eu deserunt ad minim turducken tri-tip ullamco adipisicing commodo. Pancetta anim pork belly sed, sunt veniam shankle salami. Boudin reprehenderit veniam ball tip venison. Speck fatback mollit tongue.

Meatball laborum aliquip prosciutto strip steak cillum jerky adipisicing, short ribs non pork belly swine dolore short loin. Chicken kielbasa velit anim. Non in filet mignon mollit esse ad. Beef ribs anim proident mollit dolore ut jowl. Sunt nostrud dolor tempor, swine ut capicola flank frankfurter cow tongue esse occaecat.

Excepteur non reprehenderit tempor, culpa officia id pork belly pig pancetta. Nostrud turducken brisket shankle bacon, filet mignon pig. Est chicken sed, quis meatloaf consectetur biltong eiusmod turducken bacon. Swine ut shankle pork loin, beef excepteur qui irure aliquip shoulder ut pancetta laboris cow.

Prosciutto beef ribs ham hock, duis in commodo dolor ea exercitation tongue magna filet mignon turkey. Labore nulla enim swine, ullamco ground round frankfurter jowl qui flank. Pork belly ut t-bone kielbasa, sirloin meatball elit deserunt commodo pig occaecat beef nisi brisket. Andouille flank nisi, sausage laborum velit ham hock ut tenderloin leberkas meatloaf labore prosciutto short ribs. Bacon sint hamburger, salami eiusmod tenderloin excepteur pork chop strip steak shankle est pork loin ullamco. Enim shankle pork salami andouille, ea short loin irure.

Nostrud culpa sausage commodo aliquip sint. Non sausage in bresaola. Shoulder pork in, nulla turkey ham tri-tip bacon hamburger pancetta proident nostrud. Proident sausage beef cupidatat. Magna shankle tail, biltong excepteur nulla proident enim. Exercitation occaecat anim, pork chop voluptate laboris irure bresaola cow aliqua flank shoulder venison qui tenderloin.

you use it as dummy text in graphic design/layout to show folks what the design will look like w/o having to generate real text to go in there.  Keeps people focused on layouts and not on editing text (which is what many people default to)

LongBlade

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 29, 2012, 10:03:57 AM
click on the link... takes you to the site...

it's a lorem ipsum generator that includes bacon-related terms throughout

That still needs clarification, I suspect.

Guys, "Lorum Ipsum" is gobbledy-gook language designed for when you need text to fill out something.

We often use it in web design so we can see how a page looks without publishing anything with regard to content. If you put news in there as filler you might distract folks with the content (some will be more interesting). Random English words will still distract.

Lorem Ipsum ensures that all you see is funky text, and you can better assess the layout of a website.

However, the fact that it's bacon just makes it Epic.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

LongBlade

DoctorQuest

Glad you guys checked this out. I was convinced I'd be taken to a bacon pr0n site......
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

LongBlade

I actually never hit the site - I just have done enough web dev stuff that I know the verbiage when I see it. :)

Centurion40

This is the thing that I learned today.  :)

DoctorQuest

Excepteur non reprehenderit tempor!!
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Con

Testing out how to upload photos with some tasty tasty bacon

These are from the great bacon explosion smoke off.....needed two cardiac surgeons to clear the arteries after this!
Con

LongBlade

IIRC Windy actually took one for the team on the Bacon Explosion and came back with high marks for it.

Centurion40

Barthheart

Here's our results for the Bacon Explosion at a cottage opening a couple of years ago:

Baked in oven for 3 hours at 250F

BBQ for 1 hour on low while basting with BBQ sauce:

Glorious parade of results:

First cut:

Part of a nutritious breakfast: