Legions of Rome

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, August 17, 2012, 06:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

I see this is on sale at Amazon right now.  I am thinking of picking it up but some of the reader reviews have given me pause.  Anyone read it?  Worth the $18 for the Kindle version?

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/1250004713/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB

Gusington

I have this in my basket right now as well. How bad could it really be? Even crappy pizza is still pizza.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

You've obviously never had Korean pizza (cabbage and carrot slices) or Japanese pizza (mayonnaise and sweet corn).

Gusington

^WTF? I typed 'pizza' not 'wet Asian garbage.'

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Gusington

^That...THAT...is not pizza.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Greybriar

^ That is gross looking is what that is.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

TheCommandTent

^I think I threw up a little in my mouth. :(
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

MetalDog

Quote from: Gusington on August 17, 2012, 06:51:22 PM
Even crappy pizza is still pizza.

You, sir, have the benefit of living in the pizza capital of the world.  Take it from someone who has had to eat chain pizza and awful mom & pop stuff for the last twenty plus years, crappy pizza IS crappy pizza.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

We can make a deal and I can export some NYC tap water down to you. It's the water that makes NYC pizza and bagels the wonders of humanity that they are. I will never eat chain pizza btw. Ever. But I would think the Mom & pop stuff has got to be decent. No?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

Take this for what it is, gas station pizza here is considered not only edible but good.  'nuff said.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

Pizza at gas stations? That sounds wonderful. Seriously. We don't have that here.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

I'll second what MetalDog said about gas station pizza.  There are a couple of gas stations in my area that actually have halfway decent pizza if you're on your work lunch break.  The only chain pizza I eat is Papa Gino's which is also not too bad.  The best pizza I ever had however is Hi Fi Pizza in Cambridge, MA.  A small mom and pop shop he still makes his pizza the same way after 25+ years in the business.  They guy that works behind the counter is still the same guy for the past 16 years as well.  :)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Martok

Quote from: Gusington on August 17, 2012, 06:51:22 PM
Even crappy pizza is still pizza.
Unfortunately, this is not the case. 

Like 'phro, I too have had crappy pizza.  You might think it's impossible for it to be bad, but trust me...it's possible. 

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on August 17, 2012, 07:07:24 PM
Look on it and despair!

Oh, the humanity!!  :o 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

besilarius

The story we were told as kids was that pizza was invented (sort of) in Sicily.  But it was developed by Greek immigrants in NYC.
When my dad first went to Naples, they tried the pizza, and it was horrible.  Bread as thick as your wrist, and the house special was stewed tomatoes on top, with a little drizzle of cheese.
He had enjoyed the pizza in NYC a lot (there was a little spot near the Brooklyn Navy Yard that had great pizza.) and figured it would be tops in Italy.
Supposedly, it was some Greeks who tried pizza and decided they could improve on it.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.