Steam sale starts tomorrow

Started by Grim.Reaper, January 26, 2022, 09:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Sounds like lunar sale begins the 27th...seems like all the time now:)

CJReich46

Did you say SALE?  :o   Oh my.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

Even though I don't by as much as I used to (thankfully) I still look forward to the sales and perhaps grabbing a bargain or two.

Or three.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Lunar Sale? Is that only at night?  ;D  I will feign disinterest, but cave and obsessively check for bargains to brag about here.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Pete Dero

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 26, 2022, 10:50:24 PM
Lunar Sale? Is that only at night?

The amateur astronomer in me is forced to mention that the moon not only is visible at night but also during day time  :nerd:.
The moon is exclusively visible at night when it is full moon :coolsmiley:.

You can imagine how much a wargaming, amateur astronomer and punk music fan was popular at school  :bd:.

Anguille

It almost feels like there are more sale days than normal days.

W8taminute

Quote from: Anguille on January 27, 2022, 03:57:21 AM
It almost feels like their are more sale days than normal days.

I know right? 

Although the frequency of the sales have increased over the years the number of absolutely insane discounts has dramatically decreased.  Most of the items, at least the ones I want, don't go for more than 10%-25% off.  I really want to see at least 50%-75% off.

That being said I'll probably cave in and pick up a few trinkets.  LOL
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Pete Dero

Quote from: W8taminute on January 27, 2022, 09:09:21 AM
Quote from: Anguille on January 27, 2022, 03:57:21 AM
It almost feels like their are more sale days than normal days.

I know right? 

I live in Europe where, as you all know, we don't have Thanksgiving.  But we do have Black Friday sales !   Most people don't know the origin but they still spend a lot of money.
So far Lunar Sale hasn't reached us ...

It is a little bit funny Capitalism celebrates a Communist holiday.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Pete Dero on January 27, 2022, 09:18:48 AM

It is a little bit funny Capitalism celebrates a Communist holiday.

Isn't that just typical of us evil capitalists?  >:D
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Geezer

The title of this thread reminds me of the sign that is always in the pub window:  Free beer tomorrow.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Gusington

Almost free games at 1pm EST today!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

The funny thing is that the lunar holiday goes back to ancient times, before the advent of communism if I'm not mistaken. 

But yes in today's atmosphere Steam is paying homage to the communists in charge over there in the far east.  ;)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sir Slash

Exactly! That's why I only buy things on 4th of July, Veteran's Day, and Baby Jesus's and George Patton's Birthdays.  >:(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Well, a lunar sale has begun at GOG.... a few minutes still until noon, no sign at Steam yet.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

Wow. The sale is off to a real "bang"...I see some major titles front and center that are up to 0% off.  :uglystupid2:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18