Steam sale starts tomorrow

Started by Grim.Reaper, January 26, 2022, 09:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Yeah from descriptions like yours and others it sounds very unique in that way, which is so rare.

More mundane question: are different era start dates available in CKIII?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Yeah I should have mentioned, the CK series really feels more to me like an RPG than a grand strategy game, even though there's a map and a strategic layer.

Unfortunately I don't think CK3 has different start dates.  CK2 has a lot more content, start dates, mods, etc. but it's also got a steeper learning curve than 3.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

jamus34

Al is correct, only two start dates; early is ~862 I think and the later one is around 1016. I think the game ends around 1450 or so.
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FlickJax

Bought expeditions vikings and conquistador on Epic instead as they also gave a $10 voucher :)

Gusington

I got Expeditions: Rome, Crusader Kings III, Call of Duty WWII, and Call of Duty: Black Ops - Cold War.

More than I expected, clearly.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Redwolf

Got Wolfenstein old blood.

The Wolfenstein games are to my liking, never realized I didn't have this prequel.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

I got SGS Heia Safari and Halls of Montezuma, as well as Cauldrons of War - Stalingrad.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Have you tried out Cauldrons of War yet?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Nope. Probably never will... :DD
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

^I feel that post so very very much.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Father Ted

I got U Boat and Steel Division II (to never play).

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 31, 2022, 10:46:53 AM
I got SGS Heia Safari and Halls of Montezuma, as well as Cauldrons of War - Stalingrad.

Funny, was going through all the SGS games last night.  Love the fact they cover unique events, but still having difficulty determining for myself whether I would enjoy playing them or not.  They have another new one coming out soon, Feb 10th, Glory Recalled.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1849350/SGS_Glory_Recalled/

Be interested in your thoughts if you end up playing them.....

Pete Dero