The Faux Winter Olympics

Started by steve58, February 10, 2022, 08:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Interesting snapshot of the Olympics from NASA.  Something seems to be in very very short supply for a Winter Olympics  :idiot2:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-winter-olympics-nasa-imagery-shows-huge-amounts-of-artificial-snow-used-in-beijing

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Sir Slash

Careful! You know they're..... listening.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sir Slash

Is that a challenge W8? In Soviet Russia, you don't snow Winter Olympics. Winter Olympics, 'snow' you.  :2funny:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 11, 2022, 01:04:40 PM
Is that a challenge W8? In Soviet Russia, you don't snow Winter Olympics. Winter Olympics, 'snow' you.  :2funny:

I think Phoenix should put in a bid for the 2034 Winter Olympics. Why not? It's the fifth largest city in the United States. You could cram the skeleton into Cardinal stadium. With a few thousand snow machines operating 24 hours a day, and draining the Colorado River, you could put a ski slope on Piestewa Peak. The temperature does get down to about 40 degrees F (4.5 degrees C) around 4 am on a typical January morning...surely that's cold enough.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Sir Slash

Sounds good to me. And the best part is winter is when the Rattle Snakes are sleeping.

W8taminute

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 11, 2022, 01:04:40 PM

LOL!   :bd:
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sir Slash

I have barely watched any of the Winter Games and don't really miss it. And I don't know many other people who're watching it either. That is sad in a lot of ways.