Sid Meier's Ace Patrol for iOS

Started by bbmike, May 02, 2013, 05:57:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Anyone actually playing it on PC yet?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

Yep. It plays just like the iOS version only bigger.
;)

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on August 28, 2013, 08:34:51 PM
Anyone actually playing it on PC yet?

Bought it yesterday for $7 over at greenmangaming  using their 20% off coupon and downloaded, but haven't had a chance to actually play yet.  Hopefully this weekend.

W8taminute

Do you have to pay extra for all the fighter skins etc.?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Barthheart

Quote from: W8taminute on August 29, 2013, 08:14:13 AM
Do you have to pay extra for all the fighter skins etc.?

Nope you get it all for the one price... but you have to unlock the extra stuff now through game play.

smittyohio

What about the more irritating IAP from the iOS version, like the field hospital?  Did they just remove that option completely, and hopefully make sure the game is balanced without them?

Barthheart

Quote from: smittyohio on August 29, 2013, 09:54:05 AM
What about the more irritating IAP from the iOS version, like the field hospital?  Did they just remove that option completely, and hopefully make sure the game is balanced without them?

Good question... I haven't seen anywhere they could be hiding, so unless they are also unlockables my guess would be they are gone.

JasonPratt

Was passing through after having bought the game yesterday on Steam, and noticed it was an iOS game first.

To me it seemed like DVG's Down In Flames, which I don't have anyone around to play with and wish that Battlefront's adaptation had worked out better (or was even still around for playing).

But I'm happy that it seems like another older game system, too. :)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Arctic Blast

Seems like an electronic version of Wings of Glory...I'm definitely down for that.  ;D

Gusington

Excited to see some more impressions of the PC version. Sid Meier + WWI aviation should be a no-brainer.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

RedArgo

I picked this up from GMG yesterday for the PC.  I've only played a couple games, but it definitely reminds of WoG.

I actually used a app called Splashtop Personal to remote on to my PC so I could play it on my Transformer Android tablet.  Its not quite the same as using an app written for mobile, but its better than not being able to play on the tablet.

Bill