Main Menu

Israel

Started by GDS_Starfury, October 07, 2023, 07:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

W8taminute

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 07, 2023, 10:15:15 AMfrom March.
"Here is Russia's Foreign Minister, Sergei Lavrov, with the terrorist leadership of Hamas, earlier this year."

According to my news sources it can only be the ru ss ians who trained and equipped these terrorists with the means to do what they did today with those drones.  Iron Dome failed to stop a lot of the incoming rockets.  Many many Israelis have been literally kidnapped by terrorist then dragged into Gaza and put on parade.  Some have been killed and mutilated and displayed for the arab public to see. 

It will be interesting to see if the terrorists from the north (i.e. He bo lah) will join in.  Then the war will get much larger. 

Israel has been training for this scenario since 2020.  I just can't believe that this may be the start of everyone's worst fears.

And what I find particularly despicable about this attack is scenes such as this:

https://t.me/beholdisraelchannel/18238
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

GDS_Starfury

I dont think the ability to use drones is a nation state thing.  any of us can order pretty much any drone used today.  remember JHs drone phase a few years ago?
as for Iron Dome, its not ment to intercept every rocket fired.  they system supposedly knows the lay of the land and kills rockets that are going to land on populated areas.  the system can also be overwhelmed with numbers.
its still an impressive ability.

Uberhaus

Quote from: UN Weapons Inspector on October 07, 2023, 03:04:39 PMThe big question is how Israeli military intelligence missed that.

Israel is the best in the world at collecting electronic intelligence. I'll speculate that Hamas has done the same that the Nazis did for Wacht am Rhein and sent every order by courier, never by radio or teletype, suspecting Enigma was compromised. Israel's human intelligence has failed as well, making me wonder if they have become over reliant on electronic intelligence collection.   How Hamas managed to eliminate all leaks is beyond me, except to say it would take very draconian security.

Crossroads

Quote from: Uberhaus on October 07, 2023, 09:01:24 PM
Quote from: UN Weapons Inspector on October 07, 2023, 03:04:39 PMThe big question is how Israeli military intelligence missed that.

Israel is the best in the world at collecting electronic intelligence. I'll speculate that Hamas has done the same that the Nazis did for Wacht am Rhein and sent every order by courier, never by radio or teletype, suspecting Enigma was compromised. Israel's human intelligence has failed as well, making me wonder if they have become over reliant on electronic intelligence collection.   How Hamas managed to eliminate all leaks is beyond me, except to say it would take very draconian security.

There's been a lot of comparisons to Yom Kippur war of 1973 and how the Israeli intelligence failed there. Some Tet Offensive vibes as well in how they managed to penetrate and attack deep into civilian areas without those numbers having been noticed.

Let us hope this does not escalate to a wider conflict while I doubt Israel will listen too much about the warnings, or "warnings", given to them.

https://twitter.com/RealCynicalFox/status/1710673604751319404
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

GDS_Starfury

reportedly from the rave that was being held close to the border.

GDS_Starfury

fox now reporting over 600 Israelis killed.

W8taminute

I hope this war will not escalate but how can anyone ask to show restraint when innocent women and children are being kidnapped and slaughtered?

It's funny that no one says anything about showing restraint with all the other wars in the world so what makes this case so special that people need to show restraint? 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

GDS_Starfury

4000 years of religious tension and conflict.

al_infierno

Gonna need to stay off Twitter for a few days.  My feed is infested with absolute ghouls who are delighting in Hamas slaughtering unarmed people and raping women.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

GDS_Starfury

ya...
I've wondered where my point of overload is and I think I'm about there.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: al_infierno on October 08, 2023, 11:41:47 AMGonna need to stay off Twitter for a few days.  My feed is infested with absolute ghouls who are delighting in Hamas slaughtering unarmed people and raping women.

Try reading Al-Jazeera. 

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

GDS_Starfury