Fly the Friendly Skies

Started by mirth, April 10, 2017, 11:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelgrave

bayonetbrant

probably fake, still hilarious

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

Dr. Quest & OJs Dad - I agree with your observations.

To everyone who posted a meme - Thanks!  Bad day in the family and those cheered me up!

DoctorQuest

Quote from: airboy on April 12, 2017, 11:29:59 AM

To everyone who posted a meme - Thanks!  Bad day in the family and those cheered me up!

I hope things get better, airboy. There is probably not much we can do to help but if we can cheer you up that is something.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

OJsDad

Quote from: DoctorQuest on April 12, 2017, 11:44:25 AM

I hope things get better, airboy. There is probably not much we can do to help but if we can cheer you up that is something.

+1

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

airboy

Appreciate it.  End of life issues with both in-laws.  Just part of life.

DoctorQuest

Quote from: airboy on April 12, 2017, 12:56:36 PM

I have been there. You have my sympathy. Good luck.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Steelgrave

Quote from: airboy on April 12, 2017, 12:56:36 PM

Sorry to hear that, brother. Best to you and yours.

Sir Slash

Certainly agree with the above. This is one of my 'get-away-from-all-the shit' places I go to for some humor and stress relief. Speaking of stress....... My wife and I have our daughter, son-in-law, their 2 year-old, and dog moving back in with us until their new home is built. And they haven't even bought a lot yet.  :hide:   Fortunately, they're good people, and dog, so it may work-out OK. But if not, then I'll probably have to be the 'Bad Guy' to set them straight about how things really are and who knows what that will do to the family connection. So, I'll be coming here A LOT for a "Reality Escape" cause I only got so much bourbon in the house. YOU FEEL ME?  :peace:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bob48

My dear chap. I have a camp bed in the corner of the laundry room and a scrap of an old blanket should you need it.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

Also it isn't clear (at least to my knowledge) that United didn't break any laws in this instance. I haven't read definitively that they met this DOT requirement.

QuoteDOT requires each airline to give all passengers who are bumped involuntarily a written statement describing their rights and explaining how the carrier decides who gets on an oversold flight and who doesn't.

This is the DOT link referenced in the blog post:

https://www.transportation.gov/airconsumer/fly-rights#Overbooking