Civ VI: Rise and Fall expansion

Started by RedArgo, November 28, 2017, 10:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: OJsDad on January 10, 2018, 10:46:58 PM
I did not pick up Civ VI, but have added it to my wishlist.

It's available for $12 if you sign up for the monthly Humble Bundle.

Barthheart

Robert the Bruce and Scotland added in!

bbmike

Golf course?!? Shouldn't Scotland's unique improvement be a distillery?  :wow:  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

CJReich46

Quote from: bbmike on January 24, 2018, 01:52:15 PM
Golf course?!? Shouldn't Scotland's unique improvement be a distillery?  :wow:  :P

Good point. I like that Scotland is in though.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

OJsDad

I caved and purchased through the Humble Bundle monthly deal. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

OJsDad

DL is done.  I did get the Yet Another Map Pack that BH had suggested.  Are there any other mods that are highly suggested or that you guys like.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bbmike

Quote from: OJsDad on January 26, 2018, 06:30:14 PM
DL is done.  I did get the Yet Another Map Pack that BH had suggested.  Are there any other mods that are highly suggested or that you guys like.

I like Dale's Religious Units Border Control, Embark Earlier, and Hotkeys.

[edit]
Hotkeys is a must have IMHO.
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

OJsDad

Thanks Mike.

Early Settler Embark and Pidgist Religious Border Control were both on Steam Workbench.  Looks like the Hotkey one I'll have to get from the forum.

Yskonyn

Anyone interested in starting a Grogheads multiplayer matchup for Civ 6?
There's always mucho complaining about the state of AI, but if we take the fight to eachother instead we can only lament the state of our own mind, while enjoying everything else the game has to offer. O0

We can use the Play Your Damn Turn! service to automate hotseat savegame distribution, effectively making it a Play by Email game where everyone can play their turn in their own leisurely time.
Alternatively I can provide savegame distribution manually in case the service has a fit (wasn't able to load the page today).

Might be prudent to wait until the expansion is released before we kick off.

What say ye? Yay or nay?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Tuna

Can you really do a PBEM mail with Civ? Doesn't the beginning have simultaneous moves (or at least the other Civ's did)?

Yskonyn

There is a little trick they use by using the Hotseat game mode and sending the savegame around to each player in turn. The PlayYourDamnTurn is a handy automation service with a taskbar client to monitor when your turn has arrived.
I personally havent used it yet, but I read it works flawlessly and effectively enables PBEm play for Civ 6.
I believe in hotseat mode each player gives orders and then simultaneous execution turn is played.

Barthheart

Well that sounds interesting! If we can get a game of CiV VI going using that method count me in.  :)

I agree that we should wait for the R&F DLC.

Yskonyn

*scribbles down Barth's name on a piece of papyrus*

Recruitment thread started here: http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=21505.0