Main Menu

SpaceBourne 2

Started by Jarhead0331, February 17, 2023, 08:26:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

Single Player
Third Person Tom Clancy like space combat
One guy dev team seems very dangerous but it's a great effort. I was tempted to make a chatGPT joke, but will abstain.

Does this have seemless interior and exterior ship play like star citizen?

Not for me, but glad you guys like it.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Tripoli

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 17, 2023, 10:01:22 PMI'm enjoying it and overall I'm impressed. For one guy? It's a real achievement.

Does it look at as good as Star Citizen? Nope...but I intended to check it out and look around for a few minutes and an hour and a half later, I had to force myself out.

In the three missions I ran, I got to run around planetside, take off in a ship and travel in system to an asteroid field, engage in space combat, EVA and float down to a hidden pirate base on an abandoned platform, engage in combat on foot, travel to a new system and check out a few stations.

There's a lot going on here and so far its really fun.

Again...for one guy? Early Access? $15.99!? It's a must buy in my book.

Hell. I'd almost made it for almost an entire week without buying a game.....
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

CptHowdy

been watching someone play this on twitch. very impressive for a one man dev team. $15.99 until the 24th. i went ahead and purchased it.

W8taminute

After watching some gameplay videos on YouTube and hearing feedback by JH I think this game is worth a buy, worth a try. 

I'll let you know what I think once I get it.  :azn:
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

W8taminute

Ok so I've now spent over 3 hours with this game.  While it is a bit rough around the edges I am enjoying it.  The game is still in EA so I'm sure once it releases for real it's going to be polished.  It already looks fairly decent as is.

If you have any specific questions let me know.  I found it very hard to pull myself away from this game.  It has a certain charm to it.  Game play is solid, story is ok, and the ability to do stuff outside of the main story is plentiful.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Jarhead0331

This game continues to impress. I'm really enjoying it.

It really is like a "budget" single player Star Citizen and when I say "budget", I don't really mean that negatively. It has just about everything Star Citizen has in terms of mission variety, gear, ability to enter and exit vehicles and travel from space to planets and stations.

I just did a mission that had me travel from a space station down to the surface of a planet. Land, get out of my ship, investigate a mission plot point, engage in combat on foot. Get back into my ship. Engage in atmospheric, low-gravity combat. Pull up next to a large cargo vessel. EVA and board the ship to search for documents. Destroy the ship. Get back on my own ship and get back to the space station. There is a lot going on here.

Still amazed that it's one guy and it only costs $15.99. Whether you think you're going to play it or not, this guy deserves your money.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

Out of curiosity, how much of an advance is it on the first game, which is still being sold for only a few dollars less on Steam?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 19, 2023, 09:30:10 PMOut of curiosity, how much of an advance is it on the first game, which is still being sold for only a few dollars less on Steam?

I don't know. I never played it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

W8taminute

I wholeheartedly agree, their is a lot going on in this game.

I'm at the point now where I've advanced far enough into the story line that I can start hiring soldiers, getting ships, and laying the foundation of my faction empire.  I have a feeling the deeper one gets into this game the more they will be sucked in. 

I feel sorry for my other games because they are going to see a lot less love for a while as I delve deeper into SpaceBourne 2.

Gusington

Anyone play the ship to ship space combat yet?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on February 19, 2023, 11:34:53 PMAnyone play the ship to ship space combat yet?

Yes. The game has you doing that from the very first mission. I actually prefer flying with mouse and keyboard, although there are good options for configuring game pad and HOTAS.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

^Awesome, definitely getting this.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

CaptainKoloth

How good is the ship to ship combat?

W8taminute

I'm also playing with mouse and keypad for ship to ship combat.  The beginning few missions are a bit easy but I suspect that is to get you acclimated with the game.  Combat is smooth and fairly easy to keep up with what is going on.  (i.e. even with a lot of ships flying about it is not too hard to pick and choose targets and keep track of them)

I'm about to engage in my first "real" combat leading 4 squadrons of space fighters and 1 squadron of ground assault troopers into battle.  Will update...

joram

Here's a quick video review from Splattercat. 

https://youtu.be/QnvE19h4OhA