Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Started by son_of_montfort, December 19, 2013, 11:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeck

I would love to see the next iteration of this game set earlier in the Middle Ages...perhaps in England during the "Anarchy" of the mid 12th century. First, the era and location provides plenty of intrigue and duplicity. But secondly....tournaments! I want to take part in tournaments. Not your 15th century jousting. But William Marshall 12th century tourneys where hundreds of knights fought against eachother (on teams) and sought to disable and capture other knights. By doing so, they could get money ransominh knights or taking their equipment as payment. I think that would allow for a more authentic training system than Capt Bernard.

Besides, I generally find the high Middle Ages more intriguing.

Nevertheless, I really hope warhorse decides to make a sequel set in a earlier period. This is a game I've waited a long time for and Mount and Blade doesn't quite scratch that itch
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Gusington

I'm just the opposite...late middle ages/renaissance I like....an Italian setting would be awesome.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

glen55

Quote from: Gusington on March 27, 2018, 05:43:25 PM
^Thanks. I'm just curious what the average time is that people put in before they think they get too overpowered.

My complaint isn't really so much that I'm over-powered--maybe a bit, but I can live with that--it's that I found it too easy to get all the best gear. I still had to learn how to fight, and I think that learning curve keeps on going into the endgame.

But herbalism solves all of Henry's financial woes a little too easily. You don't even have to budget time for it, really, because you usually have a couple of hours to kill between the time you travel home and bedtime and/or between the time you get up and the time the stores open. That plus bandit loot and it didn't take me long enough to reach the point where there was nothing else in the stores for me and I was hoarding groschen. There's side loot but it's very rare to find a piece better than store loot.

What I really want, though, is more game. Don't get me wrong, not saying I didn't get my money's worth. Just saying I got more money where that came from if I can get more game for it.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

glen55

No, I didn't finish the plot, but I uncovered the whole map, shopped in all the stores, and read about the treasure chest loot in online guides.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

glen55

Quote from: Gusington on March 29, 2018, 12:47:52 PM
How many hours?

Haha, Steam says I've played the game 161 hours. But I've restarted twice and also have a tendency to leave the game on when I'm not playing, so I don't think that number bears great meaning. I am otherwise not really able to estimate, but like I said, I got my money's worth.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Grim.Reaper

Tpek

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on March 29, 2018, 04:52:34 PM
Quote from: mikeck on March 29, 2018, 04:18:35 PM
New patch 1.4 is out.

And 26GB worth of an update:(

Yeah.
Are they out of their g-damned mind?!
~26GB download for a graphical hotfix???

glen55

General Patch Notes :

New Hair and Beard mechanics.
Customize your style in bathhouses and gain extra charisma with freshly cut hair.
Unarmed mercy kill added for a more "subtile" way to solve quests.
Real Easter eggs added. The hunt for the golden egg can begin!
Traditional Czech Easter-themed weapon to be found, called "Pomlázka".
Resurrection day is upon us! Some NPCs that have died due to the physics glitches have risen from their graves.
Fixed problems with the "Mightier than the Sword" quest related to the scribe.
Rattay archery competition works on advanced difficulty.
Fixed save issue for the "House of God" quest.
Another 200 major bugs fixed
Free PC DLC - HD Texture and Audio Pack

As a special treat, we're releasing the first free DLC - HD Texture & Audio Pack for PC which together enhance the visual and audio experience of Kingdom Come: Deliverance. HD Textures boost the overall graphics of Kingdom Come: Deliverance to create an ever more lifelike look at 1403 Bohemia. HD Audio is available for all three voiceover languages (English, German and French) and enhances all in game voiceovers and sounds.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

mikeck

Quote from: Tpek on March 29, 2018, 05:10:11 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on March 29, 2018, 04:52:34 PM
Quote from: mikeck on March 29, 2018, 04:18:35 PM
New patch 1.4 is out.

And 26GB worth of an update:(

Yeah.
Are they out of their g-damned mind?!
~26GB download for a graphical hotfix???

It's not 26 gigs of additional material. Apparently they added some high resolution graphics to replace some old ones. Very "memory heavy"

I'm running my 1.3 game on patch 1.4 and so far so good EXCEPT: when I went to a bathhouse and asked for a new haircut, I selected the option of the cut I wanted and then all the text options disappeared. Only thing on the screen was Henry looking like a moron. Had to Ctrl-alt-dlt out. That may because I didn't start a new game

On the issue of being overpowered. I had recovered "St George's" longsword from a treasure map. It is THE best sword in the game. Against mid level to weaker bandits with mail or gambisons I couldn't even combo since after I hit them once (maybe twice) they fall on the ground and give up. So to remedy that, I bought the "fear not" longsword from an armored (a mid level longsword) and use that.

There are ways to adopt since honestly, it's VERY unrealistic that some guy is going to put the greatest sword ever made inside a wooden trunk by a tree and then sell a treasure map.

I find that progression is more authentic and balancing far better if you don't use any special items you find in chests AND, limit your plate armor, gauntlets, and such to stuff you buy. Those
Types of armor tender to be fitted to the purchaser so picking some up a dead guy likely wouldn't work.

JasonPratt

Honestly, when I saw that 26 Gig patch taking up four hours of download time, I uninstalled the game. I'm not playing it right now anyway, and if I'm going to be redownloading the dang thing every once in a while anyway, I'll wait until the patches settle down and download it ONCE. (...well, once more.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!