Total War: Warhammer

Started by Rayfer, July 17, 2015, 10:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

solops

I took a screenshot of the strategic map to post, but it is over 4 megs  :(
I used the Radious mods for several of the TW games but then stopped. His mods pretty much just add so many units to each faction that they all wind up with the same armies. And TW Warhammer I & II are the first TWs that do not seem to need a lot of help. I use a camera mod and a unit re-sizer to make critters bigger or smaller on the battlefield...no stat changes.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Gusington

Just began besieging my first Bretonnian city...if I successfully sack I think it's worth close to 22,000!

That kind of gold can help me fund the rebuilding of the north lands, which have been ransacked by Beastmen repeatedly.

At turn 105 things are coming together! Still haven't fully figured out the Monstrous Arcanum though. This game has some serious legs. I can see getting 100s if not 1000s of hours here, not even counting Warhammer II, the Mortal Empires campaign, or, I dare say...Warhammer III.

Who could have foreseen this when the original Shogun came out almost 20 years ago??

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I actually predicted it but you all laughed at me. Who's laughing now? I know, I know. It's you still laughing at me.  :-\    Seriously, this is the best TW in quite awhile. My Dwarven troops can rout any army they're up against, but can't for the life of them catch any of the buggers when they run away. They just run like hell in their heavy armor carrying their axes and get left behind. It's frustrating but funny as hell to watch.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Bretonnian campaign next for me, then dwarves, then vampires.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

solops

Quote from: Gusington on January 30, 2018, 08:34:06 AM
Bretonnian campaign next for me, then dwarves, then vampires.
How can you NOT wanna be DINOSAURS??!!
GRRAAUUWWWR!
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Sir Slash

Bretonnia's got kind of a weird Victory Condition in that you have to acquire a certain amount of 'Chivalry' to win. You have a little Chivalry Meter at the top of the screen and it tells you how much you've got. It increases by winning battles, building certain things and actions you do in the campaign-- sounds easy, but maybe not. After winning a battle against the Greenskins I had 2 choices of what to do with the prisoners I had captured, Ransom them for profit or Execute them. I thought for sure executing them would be a Chivalry No-No, but no it made no difference at all. And ransoming them actually caused Chivalry to go down.  :o  So I just killed them. Easy but not very chivalrous I say.  Also, Raiding enemy territory causes Chivalry to go down too. So... a little iffy as to what to do or not do here.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Norsca has a similar mechanic with Chaos. Do certain things to align yourself (with evil) and prepare for the final Chaos invasion. There are tons of little subtleties to try and understand along the way. I feel I am on the precipice of cracking the game open tonight once I take that Imperial city...can't wait!

But the dinosaurs just don't do it for me. Just weirdness.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

solops

GRRAAUUWWWR!

Crunchy vampires...chewy dwarves...yum!

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

I would have thought Dwarves are too hairy to be 'chewy' and probably tough and stringy too. But Vampires... They would have to be 'old' tasting like my first wife's meatloaf. Or was that my first WIFE that tasted 'old'? Not important. I would think the easy way to beat Lizardmen would be to attack at night or a cold day when they're all hiding under a rock. Or maybe hang a really big mirror up and watch them charge into it over and over. Could work.

Gusington

Nauseating and funny at the same time!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 30, 2018, 02:28:15 PM
I would have thought Dwarves are too hairy to be 'chewy' and probably tough and stringy too.

I don't know, that describes the field mice the puppy has been hunting in the fields, and he likes to chew on them.  He also likes to toss them in the air and catch them. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.