Oriental Empires -- 4x historical strategy

Started by Martok, April 16, 2015, 02:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

tgb

I took a break for a couple of days to see if the issue with high maintenance fees would be patched but nothing yet.  Going back to the game this morning I found a couple of serious problems with diplomacy:

1) I'm constantly having my allies try to get me to declare war on a third faction, but there's no way to back out of the diplomacy screen and check out the situation before making a decision. Worse is when one ally wants me to DOW another.

2) I can't find a way to make the same request of MY allies.  You can DOW whoever you're talking to but there's no menu selection to get them to DOW a third party.

Game breakers, both of them.

Philippe

The developers seem to be preparing another release and they read the Steam forums.  Did you post your issues anywhere they can see it?  I doubt they come here very often (if at all).
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

tgb

Posted on the Steam forums, but no response yet.

AchillesLastStand

Anyone up for some multiplayer when they add it?

Boggit

Lol! Does he bring the Han their wake up call? ;D
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Surtur

Quote from: tgb on September 29, 2016, 07:30:38 AM
I took a break for a couple of days to see if the issue with high maintenance fees would be patched but nothing yet. Going back to the game this morning I found a couple of serious problems with diplomacy:

1) I'm constantly having my allies try to get me to declare war on a third faction, but there's no way to back out of the diplomacy screen and check out the situation before making a decision. Worse is when one ally wants me to DOW another.

2) I can't find a way to make the same request of MY allies.  You can DOW whoever you're talking to but there's no menu selection to get them to DOW a third party.

Hi tgb,

The forum activity is quite overwhelming for us, but we are checking them on a daily basis. We are extremely pleased with the constructive community, your feedback is very valuable. You guys are really taking the time to play and comment in-depth! We want to expand the diplomatic options in the future, though the main priority for the dev is to fix the bugs that were found, especially related to trade. In addition, sieges are getting some love to improve the balance. Patch should be in soon.

Cheers,

Surtur
"Gentlemen, You Can't Fight in Here. This is the War Room!"

tgb

Quote from: Surtur on September 30, 2016, 01:52:14 PM
Quote from: tgb on September 29, 2016, 07:30:38 AM
I took a break for a couple of days to see if the issue with high maintenance fees would be patched but nothing yet. Going back to the game this morning I found a couple of serious problems with diplomacy:

Hi tgb,

The forum activity is quite overwhelming for us, but we are checking them on a daily basis. We are extremely pleased with the constructive community, your feedback is very valuable. You guys are really taking the time to play and comment in-depth! We want to expand the diplomatic options in the future, though the main priority for the dev is to fix the bugs that were found, especially related to trade. In addition, sieges are getting some love to improve the balance. Patch should be in soon.

Cheers,

Surtur

Good to hear.  The problem with the forum, as far as I can see, is too much activity.  If a post isn't responded to in a couple of hours it eventually falls to the second page, and might as well have never been there in the first place.

jomni

I like the high maintenance fees. Makes you prioritise stuff.  Please do not nerf it to the point that you can permanently have large armies indefinitely campaigning.  The fact that you have to disband them and only raise armies during the campaign is realistic and uniquely "Oriental".   Do not succumb to "Western" ideals. :P

BanzaiCat

W8taminute

Quote from: jomni on September 30, 2016, 05:21:24 PM
I like the high maintenance fees. Makes you prioritise stuff.  Please do not nerf it to the point that you can permanently have large armies indefinitely campaigning.  The fact that you have to disband them and only raise armies during the campaign is realistic and uniquely "Oriental".   Do not succumb to "Western" ideals. :P

Agreed. 

IMO there is nothing wrong with the economy in OE.  I also don't want the system of army recruitment to change in this game either.  It's a refreshing difference that is not seen in any other game of this type.

The key to getting a strong economy in the early game is in farming.  The more food output a city has the faster it's population grows.  The more people that are living in a city means the more in taxes you collect.  Don't build any buildings until you get a decent income through taxes. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

W8taminute

Recommended reading to get you into the mood for playing OE:

Romance of the Three Kingdoms
https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Translation:Romance_of_the_Three_Kingdoms/Chapter_1

The Water Margin.  A book that Koei's 'Bandit Kings of Ancient China' game was based on.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_Margin
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

solops

This game has some neat stuff and enough differences to be interesting in a new way. Though, to be honest, I really don't care if a game has "new" stuff. I think that thinking is a fallacy. I want the old stuff done better and, if the designer has an inspiration, pop in a new improvement. Anyway, OE promises to be quite good, though I think there are rough spots left, as should be expected in any Early Access game. I guess I'll have to go here for my empire building fix because the Civ series has darn sure fallen on its face, though I am not sure about Civ 6 yet.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Gusington

Thank you for the reading, W8. I will need more.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd