Dominion (SyFy) 2nd Season

Started by Nefaro, June 15, 2015, 06:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

I see a second season of Dominion begins early next month.   ^-^

Staggerwing

How was the first season? If I start watching that do I need to see the movie ("Legion",iirc) first?

What about that other syfy series sent in a post-alien-invasion St Louis? Is it any good?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Nefaro

Quote from: Staggerwing on June 15, 2015, 06:53:04 PM
How was the first season? If I start watching that do I need to see the movie ("Legion",iirc) first?

As with any SyFy show, it's not a high budget show.  But I thought the first season was one of their better & more interesting ones by far.  You don't need to watch the movie it was based on to get into it - I haven't.

What about that other syfy series sent in a post-alien-invasion St Louis? Is it any good?

Dunno about that one.  I've been debating checking it out.  It's been going for quite some time, so it must not be too horrible.

I enjoyed Dominion partly because the setting is so unusual, with civil war in heaven and angels/demons invading the earth & possessing large swaths of people, driving the humans into post-apoc holdout enclaves at war with them (with the usual back-stabbing & power plots). 

The alien invasion/exodus to earth scenario in Defiance, even if it's multiple alien races at once, is a bit more run-of-the-mill in my mind.  So I've not been in a hurry to check it out just yet.  It also looks to be more drama-focused from the episode previews I've seen.