Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

Budd, I grabbed you bedroll by mistake so you'll need to pick it up and lay it down again.

I like the work you've done.  Need to stay on the ground to make sure the Z's die close enough to the pillars to reach them. 

I did loot the power plant that you tunneled to on the North side.  You had secured the green shack but there were a couple of placed the Z's could enter in the brick building so I sealed those up. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

Ok on the bedroll. I was going to make an above ground entrance but decided 4 tunnel entrances were enough. You can get out by hopping down at certain places[dont hit the spikes], i have without breaking my legs yet. Still need to upgrade the walkway around the building and i started upgrading the pillars to steel in front, i'm only going to do the bottom 2 as i dont think the Z's will damage the upper 2 and it takes a lot of steel. There's some doors that probably need upgrading also. I cut the walls to make traveling to each side of the building quicker on the outside and on the inside. I didn't get to finish upgrading the spikes and adding that other layer of log spikes around the outside. I think were ready no matter what side they hit. With another layer of log spikes i believe a lot will die without reaching the pillars, dogs especially. I'm thinking about beefing up that brick wall to that other building in back. the one with the chainlink fence on brick. I filled some of the holes already, if they come that way they will have to get by that wall before they ever get to our spike layers and barbwire.Got a 2 screamer horde last time, they barely made it to the pillars, the random ferals have been coming pretty regular. Also haven't built the shack at the snow tunnel entrance for protection and mini parking, its a busy side and i have been getting jumped a lot coming out of the tunnel.If your going to take the mini for a spin there is plenty of gas in the chests at snow tunnel end. We still need iron and concrete, thinking about popping a hatch for the tunnel that goes to the green zone as there is a clay field right by there, also one of the tunnel has snow for water you can see where i started digging it. I'll be on it and miss until the weekend.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

I had found the other tunnels.  Nice.  I had seen you'd upgrade some pillars to steel, but wasn't sure if you wanted them all upgrade or was just trying things out.  I'll work on getting them upgraded. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Rekim

where you building your lastest Budd/OJ?

I dropped by the old place located on the edge of the snow biom with a bunch of building supplies but couldn't locate the new fort.

-budd-

In the hub, you can't miss it ;D our pillar of humanity in a God forsaken zombie wasteland, come on by, 6  stories so there's plenty of room. If there's anything left of use in the old base help yourself, don't remember what we left. If you do come by there no above ground entrance, 5 underground hatches , 4 are in the nearest
buildings across the streets at the points of the compass.

-budd-

Hey guys, got most of the repairs done. I made some guns and ammo and organized everything. Brought everything down from the upper floor except the clothes, schematics, gun parts and tools. Made more crates and got rid of the chests. The guns , ammo, and explosives are all in there own crates as well as the food and water and medical supplies. There are 3 supply crates on the other side of the forge, raw materials, ready to use and odds and ends.

-budd-

The 98 day horde was a bust, all dressed up with pipes and nothing to blow up. only saw 2 Z's ,AT was on and he didnt get the horde either. I heard the scream  but zippo, nothing. I  did lose a mini, was getting horrible FPS drops. Got off the mini and it went underground, could still see the headlight shining from underground but damn if i could find it. It was a second mini i was putting at the green zone. I made a hatch out and a shack on top at the green zone, comes out on top on a hill overlooking the hub. i wasn't going to add a shack but kept getting jumped coming out of the tunnel. zombie bear whacked me. Got some engines and batteries to make another mini, put a chest at the bottom of the ladder in the green zone, it has some gas/barrels in it. Were pretty well stocked up on stuff, OJ there;s an SMG in the weapons chest and about 300+ rounds, also some 44's in there for you guys.

Flywheel

This has been a really interesting thread to read. I am pretty new to 7 Days, but when I am a bit better I will come onto the server full-time rather than single player. I might come on for a look round and judge my survival chances later today though.
Hold my beer and watch this!

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Flywheel on July 15, 2016, 05:33:12 AM
This has been a really interesting thread to read. I am pretty new to 7 Days, but when I am a bit better I will come onto the server full-time rather than single player. I might come on for a look round and judge my survival chances later today though.

Come on in....try it out.  I don't play as much as the other guys so my character is pretty low level.  Once you know a few things (you probably do because of your experience single player), it is very possible to thrive as a low level player on the server.  Also, I set the server with a generous "safe" zone.  When you first log on, level 12s and below have a safe zone around them for a half an hour I believe.  This just means you won't get jumped right after you come in....you can still find plenty of trouble outside of the "zone" however.

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

-budd-

Quote from: Flywheel on July 15, 2016, 05:33:12 AM
I'll look for you, I'm probably will get some time tonight PST . if you can make your way to the hub we can outfit you with some goodies. Coming into the hub will be difficult for a lower level it's a busy place, if you work around to Southwest of the hub there's a shack right on a road on a hill overlooking the city with a tunnel entrance to the base. Hub city located at 0,0 .

-budd-

A video tour of our base in hub city. It was a bit rough going at the beginning the first horde pretty much ripped it up and breached our defenses in about 5 minutes and was chasing us over various floor levels. Hub city is pretty busy with zombies most of the time but were pretty safe now except for the spawn inside the perimeter every now and then. I think were calling it done. The repair is actually pretty minimal after a horde,  spike repair and some concrete repair. First time i've used the iron bars as flooring, works pretty well 2500 hit points and you can shoot through it and it holds at a span of three. time  to finish looting the hub and exploring the map. Already have an idea on my next base build. The video starts on the roof, its 6 story apartment building we took over. not shown is 2 tunnels out of the hub one to the snow biome for water[this was before we walled off the pond in the hub] and the other to the green zone for clay harvesting both have shacks over the hatch and minis parked in the shacks.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: -budd- on July 24, 2016, 11:11:10 PM
A video tour of our base in hub city. It was a bit rough going at the beginning the first horde pretty much ripped it up and breached our defenses in about 5 minutes and was chasing us over various floor levels. Hub city is pretty busy with zombies most of the time but were pretty safe now except for the spawn inside the perimeter every now and then. I think were calling it done. The repair is actually pretty minimal after a horde,  spike repair and some concrete repair. First time i've used the iron bars as flooring, works pretty well 2500 hit points and you can shoot through it and it holds at a span of three. time  to finish looting the hub and exploring the map. Already have an idea on my next base build. The video starts on the roof, its 6 story apartment building we took over. not shown is 2 tunnels out of the hub one to the snow biome for water[this was before we walled off the pond in the hub] and the other to the green zone for clay harvesting both have shacks over the hatch and minis parked in the shacks.

Excellent, really nice work guys.  I have been using bars as well, but not nearly as well as you guys have. 
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Flywheel

Well....
On and off over the last few weeks I have hunted all the servers, even going through the list manually ONE-BY-ONE! and not any sign of the grog server. How on earth you've all found it I don't know.
Maybe an ip and port would help.
I'll stick to my single-player methinks :)
Hold my beer and watch this!

Rekim

Flywheel, you're not the first to have problems with this. I can't recall exactly how I found it but eventually managed to track it down using the search feature. I'm stuck in an endless cycle of work until Thursday. If you're still having problems Thursday night I will make a point of figuring out exactly what to search for.

I have no idea how it can be so problematic to search something with grogheads in the title. Crazy.

-budd-

IP 216.155.140.191  port 25000    name: Unofficial Grog Invitational ....come on in