Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flywheel

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 29, 2016, 01:52:28 PM
Fly, when map markers are sent, they show up in a smaller list below your own coordinates. If you don't select and save the entries, they go away when you log off. (You can also delete them manually of course.)

Didn't realise that, ta
Hold my beer and watch this!

OJsDad

I think I understand.  When on next, I'll mine stone and get to making pillars.  I'll let you start and one you happy with the start, I can finish.  But we need a lot of stone.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

Flywheel any nitrate, stone and iron would be great. OJ while I looted most if not all of the stores there's still the other high rise and other buildings, never did find the medical supply store maybe I missed it. Any feathers would be good also Flywheel.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

I'll loot during the day then mine at night. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Flywheel on August 29, 2016, 03:08:19 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on August 29, 2016, 01:52:28 PM
Fly, when map markers are sent, they show up in a smaller list below your own coordinates. If you don't select and save the entries, they go away when you log off. (You can also delete them manually of course.)

Didn't realise that, ta

Yeah, it took me a couple of times losing markers before I realized what was happening. Hope I helped spare you some lost time there!  O:-)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Flywheel

ok, I am starting out when it's light, I am loaded with a mix of stuff including around 7000 wood. I will focus on some iron and nitrate after that drop, I will split feathers with you if you don't mind, I need plenty for hunting I am getting a good  mix of pig, deer and dog - but if you've had Happy Meals, your stomach should be able to cope.  :D

Flywheel

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 29, 2016, 03:24:28 PM
Hope I helped spare you some lost time there!  O:-)

Sure have, I am so used to Single play that I need to get used to the co-op side of this thing.

JasonPratt

Okay, my tiny island base is at 585 N 1531 W.

The snow in the middle of this sandpatch is sure bright at around mid-day! (I wonder if it snows in that little biome patch...  :2funny:) The island used to be more scenic with lots of grass and a couple of pine trees, plus some scruff trees, but those walls don't make themselves from nothing.

(Maybe I should have left the grass for color...)

South there's nothing but (the game's weird idea of a horizon beyond) open water; ditto north except for an even tinier island, 1/20th this size, with a few bits of grass on it.

The landmass to the east is much larger than it looks; that's just the nearest spit of land. Good hunting, but of course cursed with the occasional lumberjack.

The landmass to the west is larger still and beyond that scrubby dry forest is a sizable town. Fly has already done some looting there, not sure how much.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

OJsDad

-budd-

Come on Jason, come to the hub and die like the rest of us ;D

If the water's deep all the way around your perfectly safe, except maybe hornets on horde day.

OJ i used up all the pillars, made some more before logging off. I never got to get the dirt or feather hunting. I repaired the holes in the ground, there's 2 access holes to drop down, ill probably make 2 more on the other side. There's 56 pillar 50's i figure about 100 more should do it then it just upgrade the blocks above the pillars and log spike and wood spikes and we should be fine. I kept getting hit by horde after horde while working, hitting them with the club is tricky but works and the cops cant spit thru, just dont be around if they explode. I'm thinking one layer of log and 1 layer of spikes should be good, instead of two.

Flywheel

I don't understand why you must have a base in a city. 4 times I have tried getting out of the base and each time I have been taken down by - in my opinion - game destroying dogs. It's now too late to try going anywhere so I must wait till the morning to die a 5th time...or maybe get out of the city? I would lie to see those dogs and the most ludicrous 'hornets' taken out of the game and replaced with more commonsense zombies.
Do I sound miffed? You betcha.

4 bloody times by just going along the road!

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Flywheel on August 30, 2016, 04:21:46 AM
I don't understand why you must have a base in a city. 4 times I have tried getting out of the base and each time I have been taken down by - in my opinion - game destroying dogs. It's now too late to try going anywhere so I must wait till the morning to die a 5th time...or maybe get out of the city? I would lie to see those dogs and the most ludicrous 'hornets' taken out of the game and replaced with more commonsense zombies.
Do I sound miffed? You betcha.

4 bloody times by just going along the road!

I usually build my base in a rural house.  One the prefabs even has a forge and rock walls on at ground level.  Dogs are not as common out there.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Flywheel

Quote from: ArizonaTank on August 30, 2016, 07:58:00 AM
I usually build my base in a rural house.  One the prefabs even has a forge and rock walls on at ground level.  Dogs are not as common out there.

I do that as well, although it is very vulnerable on 7-Day horde, but if in a house on Hoard night, I don't put down a bag, that way if they get me I will spawn at some random point, usually far from them. I'm out in the rural now, resource gathering, and will stay here till Hoard Night when I will take resources to base and stay there for the night.

-budd-

I dislike the dogs also, 90% of my deaths are from dogs. I still wouldn't take them out of the game. If you take the dogs out the degree of danger during the day would be real low. I can't speak for OJ but I like the challenge of basing in the hub, almost constant danger, having to constantly be aware of your environment. Of course that leads to a lot of cussing at the screen ;). The key is seeing them first, go slow. Also putting points into the perk " run forest run" helps and carrying beer or coffee for increased staminia. If you have to run from them, jump cars , go thru buildings, the broken buildings they have trouble getting through, put barriers between you and them.
We only have 2 exits from base right now. I don't if you know about the tunnel. At the bottom of the elevator shaft is a hatch, take that, there is a long tunnel and at the end is 2 doors go through them and you'll be in the water. Swim up , your out of the city.

Flywheel

I will have to look for the tunnels some time, at this point I have found the ladder up to the balcony, so use that. But the good thing about this game is the variety of environments to suit all. At this point I think I prefer to be out gathering/hunting and coming 'home' every 7th Day and use that 7th to ship all the loot to base.
Part of my own problem is I look for logic...'where are the planes coming from? Why are the dogs all zombies and not the chickens?'

yes, yes, I KNOW, but it's how my mind constantly works in this game :)