Man in the High Tower

Started by LongBlade, November 23, 2015, 05:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on November 23, 2015, 08:56:24 PM
Like it's said above Amazon Prime isn't free...it's not expensive but it's not free. Same thing with HBO and Netflix. By far the highest quality shows right now are coming from HBO.

"Highest quality" from HBO?  GoT, sure.  But I'd say more like "Highest Budget".  I ditched after the last GoT season and haven't regretted it one bit.  After they started spending all their budget on occasional home-brewed stuff, the rest of their line-up has generally been shit.

There are some great quality series made by Netflix right now.  Without costing more than the national reserves of some countries.

Amazon Prime's own in-house series have largely consisted of a very few pilot-like episodes, with series quickly cut short.  The non-Amazon stuff is mostly junk, with the occasional interesting one. 

But I don't have Prime for the movies; I got sick of wasting lots of time looking for specific items in local stores and coming up empty, so the 2-day shipping deal helps save on some things.  That's not to say I wouldn't like to see some decent stuff regarding Amazon movies/series.  Maybe they're starting to improve in that area?

Gusington

You could have ended your post at GoT for the win. That's all it takes for me...but for some reason the latest season was removed from On Demand and I could not finish, which pisses me off.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

All I know is a bunch of New Yorkers are being extremely butthurt over advertising of this show on NYC subways:

I have a hard time seeing the Iron Cross as a Nazi symbol, but try explaining history to people that want to be offended by everything.

The butthurt asswipes won anyway...they removed/are removing the ads now.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/11/24/man-in-the-high-castle-subway-ads/

Gusington

^Part of the argument there is that the MTA would not allow pro Israel ads on its trains, but allowed (albeit fictitious) Nazi and Imperial Japanese ads.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

I'm not sure Phillip K. Dick would be too happy about it either.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

Granted, Gus...but this is a TV show, not a political promo for Naziism and/or the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere. There's a pretty clear distinction, at least to me.

Gusington

^In this day and age of hyper ridiculous sensitivity to everything...does it matter?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on November 25, 2015, 11:07:44 PM
^In this day and age of hyper ridiculous sensitivity to everything...does it matter?

Apparently not.

You'd have to be way out in the deep end to make the mistake that this is a pro-nazi or imperialist Japan film, but nutjobs are everywhere.

I guess this is the biggest sign I'm no longer cool - I can't get outraged at every perceived slight. I doubt if a bunch of us went to a bar and tried to pick up chicks that I could fake it.

QuoteI know. Pillsbury Crescent Rolls are so racist against Muslims. I quit eating them last Thanksgiving. Wanna go back to my place?

Nope. Couldn't make it through that thought without laughing. I am doomed.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Centurion40

Quote from: LongBlade on November 26, 2015, 11:40:30 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 25, 2015, 11:07:44 PM

Apparently not.

You'd have to be way out in the deep end to make the mistake that this is a pro-nazi or imperialist Japan film, but nutjobs are everywhere.

I guess this is the biggest sign I'm no longer cool - I can't get outraged at every perceived slight. I doubt if a bunch of us went to a bar and tried to pick up chicks that I could fake it.

QuoteI know. Pillsbury Crescent Rolls are so racist against Muslims. I quit eating them last Thanksgiving. Wanna go back to my place?

Nope. Couldn't make it through that thought without laughing. I am doomed.

O0

Any time is a good time for pie.