FRIDAY'S Big Brown Beaver

Started by Jarhead0331, July 28, 2017, 04:47:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamus34

Quote from: Gusington on July 30, 2017, 11:31:24 AM
Anyone who gets a WRX with an automatic has questionable moral fiber.

Or only one leg.

That said the CVT on an automobile is probably the worst invention since headlight washers.
Insert witty comment here.

bbmike

Quote from: mirth on July 30, 2017, 10:52:43 AM
Pratt :P

Are you of the body? Joy to you, friend. Peace and contentment will fill you. You will know the peace of Pratt.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

MetalDog

Quote from: bbmike on July 30, 2017, 03:24:29 PM
Quote from: mirth on July 30, 2017, 10:52:43 AM
Pratt :P

Are you of the body? Joy to you, friend. Peace and contentment will fill you. You will know the peace of Pratt.

So sayeth the Prophet of Pratt, Interpreter of the TL;DR
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

2005 Chevy Colorado with a big dent in the tail-end. This IS the South after all and you got to have at least one pick-em-up truck in every family. Praise Be To The Pratt!!!
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Truth to having at least one pick-up per family here in the South!

Alas, my prophetic credentials have yet to be assigned, since I am still without a Subaru in my lifetime.  :'(  Not from a lack of trying, tho.

The gap between a GT Premium and a RAV4 Limited Hybrid is, in my case, exactly nothing, since they would have cost me the same either way. The RAV has more bling; the Stang would have more performance. I think Mom was disappointed I didn't get the Mustang, although she's the one who insisted I go try to find a Toyota since Mustangs are Fords and Toyotas are Toyotas. Lord knows I don't need much of anything behind the front seat -- all that space is wasted, and worse serves as a performance drag!  :tickedoff:

But in the end things will work out, since I'm guaranteed to sell it eventually at the eventual local average retailer instead of trade-in value. And it shouldn't cost me as much as a Mustang to operate in the meantime. So I'll have more money later to put toward the next vehicle. Perhaps one of the first Elios, when they finally start production down in Louisiana.

Also, the roads down here are crawling with Mustangs, so getting one wouldn't be very distinctive.  :buck2:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Meanwhile, I have finally sent in my Turn Zero for the new GROGS IN OF CRISIS forum/Vassal game.

Next up, trying to decide if I have enough mental fortitude to stab at the Alea Jacta Est game. (Not the same timeframe.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Get an old Subaru Brat...Pratt.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Hofstadter

Booked my driving test for the end of august. Still. Got five lessons in my package though to figure out three hellish roundabouts right outside the vicroads office.

For games, I picked up Foxhole, it seems ok, but I don't like how there's little indication of where the action is or what is needed. Seems to rely too much on communication. I've been playing empire total war as the United provinces. Fisting the Spanish out of America. I forgot how horrific the battle ai is.
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Kushan

My first weekend with my new PC fully up and running. Had many plans to stretch its legs a little but all I ended up playing was Command Live! Pole Positions during a stream on Friday and WoW. Spent 90% of the rest of my gaming time working on a new CMANO scenario. Spent a lot of time reading US Army field manuals and doing research on Soviet/Russian army SAM systems. Damn do Russian SAM systems proliferate faster then rabbits.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

W8taminute

Quote from: Sir Slash on July 28, 2017, 04:13:52 PM
Fresh off my stupendous 'Minor Victory' over the Senones in Alea Jacta Est, I will be chasing dinosaurs in Storm of Zehir.

gg and gj!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk