Amazon print book sale

Started by airboy, November 27, 2014, 01:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

I wouldn't have thought I'd have so much trouble finding the right book.

I'd like to find something that is meaty, is between $30-50 in price, and I can't buy a good used version of the same book for like $10.

I'm primarily interested in medieval warfare, and to some extent WW2 Pacific warfare. 

For example, this book:  http://www.amazon.com/Tournaments-Jousts-Chivalry-Pageants-Middle/dp/0851157815/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1417114380&sr=1-1&keywords=medieval+tournaments

is $27 new paperback, but I can find hardback used copies starting from a penny...so there's no point in spending $30 on a paperback when I can find a very good to new hardback for much less, even with the discount.

Who knew it would be so hard to spend free money?   ::)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

MIGMaster

They never said it would be easy my friend  ;)  If it was than anybody could be a Groghead !

Staggerwing

Thanks for the heads up Airboy!

Just a caveat to those thinking of purchasing a $490 book- the amount knocked off the price is limited to $10.

Still, $10 is $10 man!

I just used the code to get this gem: Wings of the Luftwaffe: Flying the Captured German Aircraft of World War II by Eric Brown
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Nefaro

Thanks.

I picked up a Hardback copy of Arthur Gould Lee's No Parachute.   O0

Gusington

Thanks for posting...now to rustle through my to-buy list...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

...that didn't take long at all :/

Thanks Airboy!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Mr. Bigglesworth

I remember when Amazon was new. Their stock looked really attractive, based on the idea they could be bookstore to the world. I decided against buying stock as a long shot. Just because I like books doesnt mean the average person will send them money. That was probably the big investment failure in my life. I also wanted Apple when they were in the dumps, about the same time. Not that I would ever buy an Apple device, I would not. It just seemed under valued. Those 2 together could have left me sitting pretty. I least I would have had some capital to try to do a few things that are out of reach.

I do not think either stock is a good value now, I am not recommending a buy now.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Gusington

Amazon is my favorite site and has been for about 15 years. Their customer service, prices and selection are second to none.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on November 29, 2014, 01:39:44 PM
I remember when Amazon was new. Their stock looked really attractive, based on the idea they could be bookstore to the world. I decided against buying stock as a long shot. Just because I like books doesnt mean the average person will send them money. That was probably the big investment failure in my life. I also wanted Apple when they were in the dumps, about the same time. Not that I would ever buy an Apple device, I would not. It just seemed under valued. Those 2 together could have left me sitting pretty. I least I would have had some capital to try to do a few things that are out of reach.

I do not think either stock is a good value now, I am not recommending a buy now.

Amazon didn't start turning a profit for many years, from what I've read. 

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Well hell, it expired December 1. :(

Staggerwing

Well, if it makes you feel any better, the Eric Brown book I got is printed on pages of awesome.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Mr. Bigglesworth

Quote from: Nefaro on December 05, 2014, 03:40:30 AM
Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on November 29, 2014, 01:39:44 PM

Amazon didn't start turning a profit for many years, from what I've read.

It doesn't matter. When the stock goes from $15 to over $300 you want to be in early.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598