Legions of Rome

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, August 17, 2012, 06:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

Man, I really hope some poor, unsuspecting SOB does a Google search for that Legions of Rome book and gets directed here to the horrors of Japanese seaweed pizza, gas station take out, and NYC tap water.

Gusington

^Did you buy the book?

I can vouch for Bes' story on Greeks improving pizza in NYC. My parents went to Rome circa 1970 and ordered pizza and were horribly disappointed when it came served with a raw egg on top.

I would think that Neapolitan pizza would be a little better than Roman but I guess not!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Nope.  Got it reserved at the library.  It should be back in next Wednesday.  If I like it, I'll buy it.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Wait...what?  I have to do a book report now?  Man......

Staggerwing

^ with pictures! Crayon is OK as long as you use at least 8 colors including one of the 'metallics' for the Roman armor.  :D
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on August 19, 2012, 04:07:59 PM
Man, I really hope some poor, unsuspecting SOB does a Google search for that Legions of Rome book and gets directed here to the horrors of Japanese seaweed pizza, gas station take out, and NYC tap water.

Quote from: Staggerwing on August 19, 2012, 06:10:26 PM
^ with pictures! Crayon is OK as long as you use at least 8 colors including one of the 'metallics' for the Roman armor.  :D

We've been known to derail a thread or two ;-)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Silent Disapproval Robot

Bastards!  So the festering vaginal fart who had the book out of the library before me "returned" it in the overnight slot and, according to the super hot Filipina librarian, it was covered in some sort of red goop and mold.  No word on just what the goop was.  I blame Gus and his pizza awareness initiative.

Gusington

I blame Belial and his uberness.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Quote from: Gusington on August 28, 2012, 07:58:32 PM
I blame Belial and his uberness.

Uber Ol' Nick? I'm sure Shaitan could come up with something better than Honeymoon Lube (Cherry) and Roquefort Slime to corrupt a disapproved-of tome.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

I think I am going to buy this today.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

My library has a copy they'll let go cheap.

Gusington

I'm trying to cut down on the goo.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Martok

Quote from: Gusington on August 30, 2012, 12:37:05 PM
When it comes to innuendo, I've come to the conclusion you purposely pitch it right over the plate.  It's the only explanation... 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

LongBlade

Quote from: Martok on August 30, 2012, 12:42:43 PM
Quote from: Gusington on August 30, 2012, 12:37:05 PM
When it comes to innuendo, I've come to the conclusion you purposely pitch it right over the plate.  It's the only explanation...

He has no shame. He has his dog's balls on his mantle for cryin' out loud.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.