Kindle Freebie - Wounded US Army Helicopter Pilot Turned Sailor

Started by bayonetbrant, October 22, 2013, 06:32:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Erin McLeod. West Point graduate. Helicopter pilot. Wounded Warrior.

QuoteDeliver a sailboat to Singapore? No problem. Erin McLeod was a very experienced sailor.

Sailing alone was nothing new for her, but "single handed" took on a new meaning after losing her right hand in Afghanistan. Fortunately her high tech prosthetic could do almost everything a real hand could, and a few things it could not.

Traveling through waters claimed by 5 countries and controlled by none, she encountered castaways, stowaways and covert operations. She might be out of the war, but she was still in harm's way.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Greybriar

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

bayonetbrant

no prob.  I gotta charge up my wife's Kindle to order this one when I get home today.  Sounds like a good read, and she might enjoy it too
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers