Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uberhaus

Russia is using the chemical irritant CS gas in attacks banned under the CWC.  There are also claims of Russia using lethal blood and choking agents.  https://www.businessinsider.com/russia-uses-chemical-weapons-against-ukraine-cause-panic-war-report-2024-4 
QuoteA chemical-weapons expert, Marc-Michael Blum, verified that a grenade used by Russia on the battlefield was a CS gas canister, The Telegraph report says.
The report also cites unverified claims that Russia was using deadlier chemical agents, including chlorine, chloropicrin, and hydrogen cyanide, all of which can be fatal.

Ukraine on Friday said it had recorded 1,412 cases in which harmful chemical substances were discovered in ammunition from February 2023 to March 2024.

Unfortunately, even with the destruction of the Soviet Unions massive chemical stockpiles, it wouldn't be difficult for Russia to scale up these attacks for localized attacks.

Skoop

As if we needed more WWI parallels, gas to break the trench deadlock.

Windigo

Given how relatively easy it is to manufacture certain chemical agents, if the Russians really are using them, then it's only a matter of time until the UAF responds in kind.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Uberhaus

Quote from: Windigo on April 08, 2024, 05:35:51 PMGiven how relatively easy it is to manufacture certain chemical agents, if the Russians really are using them, then it's only a matter of time until the UAF responds in kind.
Since all of Ukraine's donors are signatories to the OPCW, it might jeopardise donations to retaliate with CW.  Ukraine's pharmaceutical industry is huge, but foreign owned companies like gsk, az, definitely not Bayer or others would not permit such use of their facilities.  Their domestic companies might jeopardise their exports for ethical and maybe even regulatory reasons. 
Probably better to continue to direct technological capabilities into a successful drone campaign.  But such efforts would be very dangerous to badly trained conscripts so who knows.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on April 08, 2024, 06:21:39 PMlatest russian cope cage

Almost there. If they start using ultralights we will know they have reached the "Mad Max" stage.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

GDS_Starfury

the russians crossed that line with the AT gun on the tractor.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: W8taminute on April 07, 2024, 08:39:11 PMLooks like a French helo, Gazelle?  Not sure.  Or a Westland Weyland.  That's definitely not a blackhawk. 

they were Blackhawks  :cool:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1777491969968615908

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

GDS_Starfury

FarAway Sooner

It's only a matter of time until somebody generates video of a Ukrainian gopher sabotaging Russian targets (probably with real footage mixed in) to the tune of Kenny Loggins' "I'm Alright". 

It'll obviously only work for a generation of the appropriate age.

JasonPratt

FAS, literally what I came to post!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on April 05, 2024, 03:10:03 PMwhat the actual fuck?

Is it wrong that I kind of desperately want this modeled in a game somewhere?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on April 05, 2024, 09:47:44 AMquite cheeky
I would have used Wagner.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1776163715756220705

I would have found the Nazti Luftwaffe theme song. ...which, now I want to find what their official anthem was.

Apparently this?

Although a sneakier version to mess with them would have been this:

"If we can't win with this, we deserve to have our asses kicked!" chortles Goering.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 09, 2024, 01:58:37 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on April 05, 2024, 03:10:03 PMwhat the actual fuck?

Is it wrong that I kind of desperately want this modeled in a game somewhere?
I read somewhere - or saw a video - that suggested it was something like homemade ECM kit to thwart drones  :shocked:
Alba gu' brath