World at War 85 - Blood and Fury coming soon to a Gamefound near you

Started by Crossroads, July 13, 2022, 07:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nelmsm

Unless he was moving deep into the Rockies or Appalachia or the middle of the Mojave you should be able to get internet access now days.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: nelmsm on January 23, 2024, 10:27:06 AMUnless he was moving deep into the Rockies or Appalachia or the middle of the Mojave you should be able to get internet access now days.

Or cell phone?  Or just have someone else from the company post for him:) I think this is the reason people not finding the reasoning believable as so many options.

Grim.Reaper

The saga continues....received latest update.  The shipping date yet again extends past their expectations.  They indicated printing requires a "few" more weeks and with logistics, that means them receiving the game sometime late July or early August with distribution in August.  Stated a more detailed update would be provided in June.

If this game is actually distributed in August 2024 and that is a "big if" based on the history of the game, it would mark two years since I paid for my pledge of the game.  Believe I never backed anything with this kind of time frame before, along with the near non-existent communications.  This won't stop me from backing things in the future since just about everything else I have done has been a good experience, but I will never back another product from this company again.  Not even so much because of the delay, more so the lack of communication and general weirdness of this campaign so far,

Although I would love to be wrong, I suspect this isn't the last time we hear about another delay and/or change in distribution date.  And before anyone says at least they are communicating, I believe this is the first update since January with more of the same news we have been hearing for a long time.  At least lack of internet or another house move wasn't given as a reason this time:)

Silent Disapproval Robot

Going through domething similar with Age of Dogfights: WWII.  Come July, it'll be 3 years since I pledged and more than 2 years since the promised shipping date.

They keep saying "soon" but that's only for the base game.  The extra $200 I pledged for expansions will be "later".

I've mostly been pretty lucky with KS projects.  Many have been late, but they've all delivered.

I toyed with backing Blood and Fury but decided against it because we just don't play WaW85 enough to justify it.

I was very close to backing Heroes of the Pacific but got a weird vibe from Devil Pig regarding the delays in getting my last few Heroes of Normandie: Caen stretch goal stuff so I held off.  Glad I did because the company went under and the KS money was stolen.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on Yesterday at 12:14:37 PMGoing through domething similar with Age of Dogfights: WWII.  Come July, it'll be 3 years since I pledged and more than 2 years since the promised shipping date.

They keep saying "soon" but that's only for the base game.  The extra $200 I pledged for expansions will be "later".

I've mostly been pretty lucky with KS projects.  Many have been late, but they've all delivered.

I toyed with backing Blood and Fury but decided against it because we just don't play WaW85 enough to justify it.

I was very close to backing Heroes of the Pacific but got a weird vibe from Flying Pig regarding the delays in getting my last few Heroes of Normandie: Caen stretch goal stuff so I held off.  Glad I did because the company went under and the KS money was stolen.

Flying Pig Games went under? They still have an active website which seems to be selling games.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Silent Disapproval Robot

Whoops.  Brain fart.  I meant Devil Pig games, not Flying Pig.
Edited my previous post.