Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

relax, theres to many russians in Floriduh to get nuked.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

FarAway Sooner

Slash, wouldn't the nuclear winter kill the mutated giant iguanas?

I'm okay with the "Hint at it, then leak it, then deny it" strategy.  I wouldn't want to openly acknowledge it.  Not knowing is a lot worse than knowing. 

JasonPratt

Quote from: Skoop on May 05, 2022, 08:58:04 PMI honestly don't give 2 shits about upsetting Russia with intel on generals location or Moskva location.  It's quite obvious our jstars and awacs are airborne every day doing surveillance and our satellites are watching everything.  The Russians already know this and are fools if they don't.  I thinks it's message that we don't even need to have boots on the ground and we can affect this war in a decisive way.

I immediately thought of a certain national military commander-in-chief leaning forward and creepily whispering for emphasis into a microphone: "Over the horizon capability..."

However, it does require us to have some boots on the ground, as viable allies. OTHCap wouldn't work quite as well if Putin had totally overrun and overthrown the Uks in the first week.

Incidentally, I'd be willing to bet a Coke that there's at least one US or NATO sub in the Black Sea providing surveillance intel, too.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tripoli

Quote from: Skoop on May 05, 2022, 08:44:54 PM
I second the CMO suggestion from above.  It's like a living encyclopedia sandbox of modern war stuff.  There's even some user made scenarios for Ukraine in the steam workshop.
I third the CMO suggestion. It is like a sandbox where you can try out various pieces of gear and scearios.  The some of the players were producing "quick look" type scenarios before the war examining topics like what a "no fly" zone enforcement would look like, how the initial Russian air campaign would go, etc.  Here are some of the latest scenarios being tested IRT the Ukraine-Russia war. 
PT: The Hunt for Cruiser Moskva, Ukraine 2022 https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10233&t=383325
Izyum, Ukraine 2022 https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10233&t=383196
Raid on Belgorod, Ukraine 2022 https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10233&t=382571
No Fly Zone - Ukraine 2022 (Posted 3-14-2022) https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10233&t=381004

Incidentally, if anyone here wants to help out with the description files in the game, PM me.  I am on the team that writes the description files used in the game.  We are always looking for people to help out in producing the description files for the 25,000+ pieces of gear in the game.  We try to do these on a "unclassified, but professional military" level of detail.  See here for some of our work: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10201&t=373623
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Sir Slash

Good point Sooner. I recall always hearing that Alligators can't live in cold weather and then saw the pics from a few years back of them hibernating with their snouts out of the water somewhere, Carolina maybe? So the Mutated Iguanas might evolve to do something similar. Maybe learn to work all the Hot Tubs around here.  :o  I'm comfortable with our govts. helping out the Ukrainians and just keeping it to themselves. No need to poke the Bear.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Tripoli

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

^If true, you have to love the Ukrainians' style.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

steve58

Putin's going to get major ulcers as well as stomach cancer.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

MengJiao

Quote from: Tripoli on May 06, 2022, 10:36:31 AM
Ukraine is claiming to have hit the frigate Admiral Makarov

https://www.the-sun.com/news/5278291/putin-flagship-makarov-fire-neptune-missile-snake-island/

In some ways even more shocking than the hits on Moskva.  First of all, why do the Russians keep fooling around that island?  Second, that frigate (though about 1/3 the size of Moskva)
was supposedly a pretty up-to-date ship in terms of radars and electronics.  Theoretically, it should be able to defend itself pretty well against a few drones and rather ordinary antiship missiles.

bobarossa

Radar is still rotating.   At end of video  it looks like it is listing to starboard  (assuming we're looking at bow).

Windigo

Russian high tech kit with few exceptions appears to be underperforming. I suspect the tech is only partially at fault, but also it is not being utilized by servicemen lacking competence in the tech and not sufficiently doctrinally flexible.

I think the sea change we are seeing in western positions, showing much more public support to Ukraine, is due to nations calling Putin's nuclear bluff and the overall dismal performance of the Russian forces.

I believe that the Ukraine actions will soon be one of maneuver and the envelopment of Russian forces and their geopolitical position will be one of uniting all of the Ukraine.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Gusington

Underperforming = not performing at all?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on May 06, 2022, 02:45:59 PM
Underperforming = not performing at all?

I've started watching all the war videos to the Benny Hill Theme.   It's strangely appropriate.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

^New Russian national anthem?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

oh boy!  putin certainly pissed off the wrong country. 
this is propaganda done right.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1513131559834079234
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.