"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Crossroads

Quote from: Pete Dero on December 25, 2022, 08:34:48 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 25, 2022, 08:29:30 AM
Quote from: Pete Dero on December 25, 2022, 08:11:39 AM
^ To avoid being judged as biased, here is the Russian participant :

I'd hit it.

Sure, but you are a trained shooter.

There are those who says we must allow him to save his face so maybe aim in the chest?
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

ArizonaTank

Interesting article on a possible area of Russian competence...Electronic Warfare (EW) against drones. The source of this article (Forbes) has been pretty pro-Ukraine, so this is not an idle Russian fan-boy rant.

As a very old cold warrior, and S-2 wannabe, who studied Soviet Army TO&Es till I was sick of them, I remember that EW was a big emphasis for the Soviets. So I was surprised to see what looked like so many missteps early in the war. In the early part of the war, it seemed like the Russians had completely let their EW capability waste away. The article somewhat explains why it appeared that way.

Anyway, the article has some interesting thoughts and observations. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russia-s-electronic-warfare-troops-knocked-out-90-percent-of-ukraine-s-drones/ar-AA15DrRb?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=7a60717760934de385c3a60a10ca3a2e
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Crossroads

The former PM and president Medvedev with a rather dim view on 2023:

https://twitter.com/MedvedevRussiaE/status/1607487338401206273

US and EU civil wars, stock markets defaulting and moving to Asia, oil and gas price sky rocketing. And that's just the beginning.

All this after his fuehrer launches his next operation called Wacht am Dnepr. <-This last tweet didn't load for me but it must've been there. <:-)

QuoteSeason greetings to you all, Anglo-Saxon friends, and their happily oinking piglets!

Season's Greetings to you too, Dim One, may you freeze in russian hell (as the old Soviet joke says).

They are truly spiralling towards madness, this messaging is for their own citizen of course  :(
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Jarhead0331

More Ward Carroll on Wagner efforts to recruit criminals...very inspiring.  :buck2:

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

GDS_Starfury

JasonPratt

I only found one MiG (aside from whatever's being flown): camo worked well!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

If I didn't know better I would say that soldier hangin' loose in Ukraine was Star.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tripoli

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.